Behringer DEQ2496 analog in and out

pugs

Behringer DEQ2496 analog in and out
« on: 9 Jul 2006, 04:09 am »
I bought a Behringer DEQ2496 that should be delivered next week.  I will be using it with a modified SB3, Modwright SWL 9.0SE, and Channel Islands D-200.

Since I don't have a separate DAC, I am assuming I have to use the analog ins and outs of the Behringer.  I am a little concerned because it seems that most people that use it have a seperate DAC and are able to use the digital in and out.  What's the best way to use it in my system?  Do I run it like this:

SB3 analog out ----> Behringer analog in ----> Modwright input---->Modwright out---->D-200

Is the Behringer not as good or useful using the analog in and out?

ryno

Re: Behringer DEQ2496 analog in and out
« Reply #1 on: 9 Jul 2006, 04:34 pm »
When you use the analog ins on the behringer, the signal goes through a A/D conversion then a D/A, plus the D/A in your SB3. In your case, digital out of the SB3 to the behringer would eliminate two of the conversions. I use mine digital in/out with a CIaudio dac. The D/A in the behringer is pretty good, but the CI has a wider soundstage.
My opinion is, the quality of the rest of your equipment deserves better than your analog in/out plan, and maybe better than digital in analog out. Try to borrow a higher quality dac, go dig in/out and see if there's improvement.
Ryan