Affordable CD Ripping / FLAC Encoding Service! (Move to PC based audio today!)

Tirade

I got swamped with CD's the last 2 weeks before Christmas but will be finishing them up this week and will be ready for orders again next week. If you got a new Squeezebox or Olive for Christmas, now is the time to get that collection converted over!

New database should be published by tonight!

P.S. Bruce your CD's will ship out next week :)

Nick B

I never did completely figure out how to properly tag, download album art etc, so my collection has mistakes and is far from complete. I have 2 mirrored RAID 250 G drives, so what's the best way to proceed? Just unplug the drives or go to the local PC shop and have them do it? I think you said you have drive enclosures. I am on a trip and will be back beginning of January. Guess I have been procrastinating too long if the wife suggests I use your service and get this done..... :lol:

Tirade

If the drives are mirrored now and you are not concerned with keeping the data, then you can simply remove the HD's and box them up with your CD's when you ship to me. Another option is to keep them how they are and format them and then purchase an external HD for your collection (300GB HD are around the $150 (or less) mark now and you can buy one yourself and ship it to me or buy one from me) and use your current internal HD's as a backup option in the event that your external HD should fail. The current DB is spread over 3 X 500GB HD's and I maintain another 3 X 500GB as back-ups.

I replied to your PM and gave you my # should you have any other questions.

Tim

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
You have a PM.   :D

Tirade

OK, this time I really mean it, the new DB will be up this weekend.

Currently taking orders for the end of Feb/1st of March

Tirade

Brucemck

I used this service to convert 900+ CDs and was extremely happy with it.

Tirade provided great support prior to the transaction, during the transaction, and post transaction.

The transaction itself could not have been easier or cleaner.  Tirade purchased the hard drive I needed, the packing for return shipping of my CDs was terrific, and I got regular progress updates along the way.

Overall I'm EXTREMELY glad I didn't attempt to do my 900+ CDs on my own!

Tirade

I used this service to convert 900+ CDs and was extremely happy with it.

Tirade provided great support prior to the transaction, during the transaction, and post transaction.

The transaction itself could not have been easier or cleaner.  Tirade purchased the hard drive I needed, the packing for return shipping of my CDs was terrific, and I got regular progress updates along the way.

Overall I'm EXTREMELY glad I didn't attempt to do my 900+ CDs on my own!

Glad to hear you were happy Bruce!

I admit that it was interesting transferring all those CD's from jewel cases to sleeves, but boy did it sure save a LOT of space. Now I need to figure out what to do with all of them cases. Ive attached a pic to show you where they are now.

Tirade

Taking orders for the 1st week of March. If youve been putting this off, now is the time!

DonnieW

I admit that it was interesting transferring all those CD's from jewel cases to sleeves, but boy did it sure save a LOT of space. Now I need to figure out what to do with all of them cases. Ive attached a pic to show you where they are now.

"Interesting" ??  Man you're taking it pretty good  :lol:  That's A LOT of work.

Probably takes just as much work to transfer them than it does to rip them!!

Spirit

• Volunteer
Hey Tirade!
This is the Spirit from Toronto. How have you been?
I guess I should have wiated a while to rip my CD's based on Donnie's generous offer to TAAS members, but then again, I wouldn't have made your acquaintence (good, now I feel better!).
Anyways - totally off topic.
Are those 2 Widescreen LCD's you are using.  I am looking to buy a 22" screen.  Which brand are they and how do you like them?

Tirade

Wow,

Sorry Sam, not sure how I missed this (didnt get a post notification).

Yes its 2 X 22" LCD monitors. They are from Costco ($299 each) and made by Sceptre. For the money they are great!

Tirade

TAKING A BREAK!!!!!!!!

Well sorta :)

I got married in December (we have been together for 6 years so Ive always called her my wife, now its official). Anyway, we are going on our honeymoon finally!

Leaving March 28th and will return April 8th. If you are waiting to send me CD's I am not accepting anymore until we return and please do not send any while we are gone.

Everyone (except Nick B.) should be finished and have thier CD's back (or on the way). Nick I will try to get yours finished and in the mail before we leave.

Tim

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Congratulations and have a great time.  :thumb:

Tirade

Thanks!

We are going on a cruise and are super excited!

HarleyMYK

I got my CDs back from Tim, and I wanted to say that the quality of the flac playback is just great.  Everything came back just fine.

Have a great time, Tim!

Tirade

We are back from the honeymoon and I will be ready to start up ripping again next week. I do have 1 or 2 people who were waiting for me to return, so if youre looking to make the switch from CD's to FLAC, now is the time to contact me and get on the list.

Tim

Tirade

Now is a rare time to get your CD's ripped w/o much of a wait. If youve contacted me before regarding ripping, now is the time as my schedule is clear until May 28th (Then the kids are out of school).

Stephen your CD's will ship out today, I know youre excited!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
I think it's getting close to time for me to do this!  Gotta get a Squeezebox- I'm tired of running back & forth to the CD player. :x  Although what I really need to is have you rip the 900 or so I have now, then tell me how to FLAC my new ones as I buy them. :wink:

Tirade

Its not a problem helping you do it on your own once we get your collection converted over. I usually just have people call me after they are setup and enjoying the music and we sit down and go over the process and how to set it up.

I hope most will say that my support after the sale is pretty solid and I wont leave you hanging for future music. Shoot me an email when youre ready to take the plunge and I'll get you my #.

Tim