• Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
RC5
« on: 27 Jun 2006, 11:01 pm »

Bingenito

Re: RC5
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2006, 01:55 am »
Wow....

Those speakers look really cool :D I can't wait for them to be in my reference room. If anyone is interested in stopping by for a listen (Charlotte, NC) after I get a chance to setup them up just shoot me a PM. I will also post a separate thread with meeting details shortly.

Thank you

Bryan

JoshK

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2006, 03:18 am »
Stunning! 

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2006, 03:23 am »
SWEET!!

It's too bad I am so far away, I would love to hear them.

George

Al Garay

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jul 2006, 07:10 am »
Rick,

More details? Was this for a customer or intended as a replacement for the RC4?

thanks,

Al

kfr01

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jul 2006, 07:14 am »
Looks great.  I love big 3-way full-range designs.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #6 on: 10 Jul 2006, 11:07 pm »
Rick,

More details? Was this for a customer or intended as a replacement for the RC4?

thanks,

Al

This is an addition to our regular line and will be about $7K/pair with shipping so it's a step above the RC4. The idea came about to have a speaker that you can drive with a single stereo amp (or monoblocks), solid state or push-pull tube units.

We wanted to have something that's very dynamic, a neutral tonal balance, exhibit good low frequency extension (-3db in the low 30's), and provide excellent imaging in a reasonable size cabinet. The impedance will be in the 6-7 ohm range and sensitivity about 86-87db.

The cabinet is 45" tall plus a 2" spiked base. At the bottom it's 15" wide and it tapers to 9 1/2" at the top. Depth is 16". The baffle is 1 1/2" thick in the woofer area and 1" thick above that. All other sides and bracing are 3/4" thick. The interior walls are treated with a composite layer damping material over the majority of the cabinet.

The crossover has a mixture of excellent quality parts including Mills resistors, Mundorf Supreme caps (tweeter section), 15awg steel laminate inductors, and 16awg air core inductors.

Drivers are 10" AuraSound woofers, Seas 5" Excel Nextel midbasses, and Seas Crescendo tweeters. This combination really works well together and I'm very pleased with the results.

Bingenito

« Reply #7 on: 10 Jul 2006, 11:46 pm »
I should have these bad boys in my main room Saturday or Sunday of this week.  :thumb:

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #8 on: 10 Jul 2006, 11:50 pm »
I should have these bad boys in my main room Saturday or Sunday of this week.  :thumb:

Bryan,

What gear will you be using with the speakers?

George

Bingenito

« Reply #9 on: 11 Jul 2006, 02:09 am »
George,

Good question! :wink:

I will be using the following:

Blue Circle BC606 Music Bar (amp only)
Blue Circle MR1200 Power Conditioner (source, DAC and preamp)
Blue Circle BC204 Hybrid amp balanced
Blue Circle BC3000MKII GzPZ Balanced line stage
Blue Circle BC501 DAC
April Music CDT200 Transport
UltraSonic Audio Racks and amp stand (custom made) and Cones
Blue Circle BC62 power cords on all gear
Acoustic Zen speaker cables and ICs
Cable Lifters
Heavily treated room with corner traps and reflection panels/ traps on all walls

klh

« Reply #10 on: 31 Aug 2006, 06:25 pm »
Have you thought of doing a matching W M/T W center channel? It could have the same Seas 5" Excel Nextel midbass and Crescendo tweeter flanked by the upcoming 6.5" Aurasound woofers? If Aurasound makes a 8" woofer that would be better, do you know if they will in the future? Talk about a statemet center channel.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #11 on: 31 Aug 2006, 09:17 pm »
Have you thought of doing a matching W M/T W center channel? It could have the same Seas 5" Excel Nextel midbass and Crescendo tweeter flanked by the upcoming 6.5" Aurasound woofers? If Aurasound makes a 8" woofer that would be better, do you know if they will in the future? Talk about a statemet center channel.

Sure we could do that. I don't know of any plans for an 8" version.