Nuforce P8 and DEQ2496

popipipo

Nuforce P8 and DEQ2496
« on: 25 Jun 2006, 09:38 am »
Hi,

I am currently looking into the option of using a (modded) behringer DEQ2496 as a DAC and Room corrector with the P8 in conjuction with my ref 9's.

Because the DEQ2496 is a piece of audio equipment for the prosumer market , the Max. analog output levels are as high as +12 dBu, which compared to the -10 dBu in consumer audio products is quite high..
I might be able to digitally reduce the output level , but as I understand this, it will also have an averse effect on the S/N ratio.

The specs of the P8 on the website do not state the max input level for the P8, so I am wondering if it will cause a problem if I run it in full throttle to the input stage.

Can anyone tell me ?  :?

Rich Carlson

Re: Nuforce P8 and DEQ2496
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jun 2006, 12:32 pm »
I don't have my manual in front of me, but in my experience, using my DEQ2496 with the lower of its two output levels selected causes no problems with any of the equipment I've used it with (not Nuforce, but ordinary high-end consumer gear).   You can also lower the eq gain in the utility menu to drop the level a few more dB; I've noticed no harm to the sound in lowering this by 4 or 5 dB.  So I think you'll be fine. 

popipipo

Re: Nuforce P8 and DEQ2496
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jun 2006, 05:56 am »
Thanks for your reply..That's all I needed to know :)