Audio Federation's Home Entertainment - HE 2006 - Show Report

justacoder

Hey Everybody,

We are a high-end audio dealership in Boulder and periodically, we attend high-end audio shows and post photos and our listening impressions on our website.

In fact, we have done 12 show reports to date, many of them with the most extensive coverage available. Our coverage is different in that not only are our pictures often high-resolution so that you can see all the glorious details of the of all the wonderful gadgetry at the show - but our impressions are not just lots of repetitions of 'everything sounded great, thank you'.

Our report covering the Stereophile-sponsored Home Entertainment Show in Los Angeles earlier this month contains, room-by-room, about 1700 photos (out of about 5000 we that were taken) and are available in three different resolutions to better support as many different sized monitors out there as possible.

The show report itself contains 800-900 photos, is in eight large parts, and ends with what was the 'Best of Show' to our ears.

So without further ado...

HE 2006 Show Report:
http://www.audiofederation.com/hifiing/2006/HE2006/report/

Enjoy!
-Mike & Neli

BradJudy

Thanks for the extensive photos and show report.  I haven't had a chance to go through much of it yet. 

While I've never made it up to your showroom (I work in Boulder and live nearby), I have been to your room at the RMAF both years.  For those who haven't met the folks from AF, they are extremely nice.

jermmd

I saw this posted on AVS. It's really great coverage and photos. Thanks.

justacoder

Thanks for the extensive photos and show report.  I haven't had a chance to go through much of it yet. 

While I've never made it up to your showroom (I work in Boulder and live nearby), I have been to your room at the RMAF both years.  For those who haven't met the folks from AF, they are extremely nice.

Thank you, you are too kind.

Hopefully you can get time to make it up here someday - just don't forget to bring your favorite CDs! It is amazing, but no matter how many CDs we have here, no matter how wide ranging, people invariably bring up several CDs that we never heard of... and end up loving ourselves.

In any case, see you at RMAF 2006! That show looks like it is going to be bigger and better than ever as more and more people, in and out of the industry, hear about how everybody else is going... :-)

Take care,
Mike.

justacoder

I saw this posted on AVS. It's really great coverage and photos. Thanks.

Thanks so much. You guys are great.

Yeah, that thread on AVS has taken a few strange turns.... Figure it is just the fact that it is summer and people's minds are not as properly focused on the hobby as they should be....................:-)

All the best,
Mike.

djbnh

Thanks for the coverage and photos. Wish more shows had this type of visual  coverage...   :beer:

justacoder

Thanks for the coverage and photos. Wish more shows had this type of visual  coverage...   :beer:

Thank you for the nice comments.

If you are referring to visual coverage of high-end audio shows, well, then you are in luck; we have covered the CES 2006 show and the Montreal FSI 2006 show with similar numbers of photos. Before that our show reports only have about three hundred, more or less, photos and my photography skills were, uh, even poorer than they are today:

CES 2006 Show Report:
http://www.audiofederation.com/hifiing/2006/CES2006/index.htm

Montreal Festival Son & Image 2006 Show Report:
http://www.audiofederation.com/hifiing/2006/FSI2006/index.htm

If you are referring to other 'types' of shows like auto shows, motorcycle shows, etc., ...then yeah, that would be really awesome!

Thanks again,
Mike.