Which email address does SP Tech Answer to?

Daemon

« on: 19 Jun 2006, 11:48 am »
Which email address works to get a response from SP Tech, for things that shouldn't be discussed on a forum, such as getting a quote?

The sales@ address bounces, and the staff@ address doesn't get an answer.

Double Ugly

« Reply #1 on: 19 Jun 2006, 12:04 pm »
See if you have any better luck with this one - engineering@4sptech.com

I know Bob's having intermittent email issues, so perhaps that's the culprit.  If you don't receive a response soon, you may want to try a PM.  He's busy, but he still drops in occasionally to check on the circle.

In absence of any of the above eliciting a response, and assuming you feel comfortable doing so, you may PM or email the message to me and I will pass it on to Bob via a phone call.

Daemon

« Reply #2 on: 19 Jun 2006, 12:10 pm »
Thanks Jim,

I'll give it a try. I figured waiting a bit more than a week would account for busy, so I'm thinking it just an email problem.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jun 2006, 01:13 pm »
Hello Daemon,
 Below is the email that I have been using for a few years now without trouble. If you are getting bounce backs, it could be that his folder is full or having problems with his accounts. You know how computers can be.

engineering10@4sptech.com

Double Ugly

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jun 2006, 01:20 pm »
Quote from: Response Audio
Hello Daemon,
 Below is the email that I have been using for a few years now without trouble. If you are getting bounce backs, it could be that his folder is full or having problems with his accounts. You know how computers can be.

engineering10@4sptech.com

Hi Bill,

The address you give is essentially the same as the one I offered.  The only difference is the "10" after engineering, which is something his network adds when you reply.  If you notice, the "10" is absent from any correspondence initiated by Bob, and only appears when replying to one of his messages (or when he responds to one of your replies).

Though it appears to be fixed now, in the early days, sending Bob an email with the "10" attached was a sure way to get your message shot off into space.  I had more than one email go unanswered that way.  But like I said...it appears to be better now.

FWIW...

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #5 on: 19 Jun 2006, 01:23 pm »
Hi Jim,
 I guess all the servers are different. I am the last one to understand the techy stuff when it comes to computers. They don't even use tubes anymore so I am lost :lol:

Thanks for the info.

Double Ugly

« Reply #6 on: 19 Jun 2006, 01:29 pm »
Hi Bill.

I am the last one to understand the techy stuff when it comes to computers.

My 20+ year old computer science degree isn't making any of the more current geeks afraid I'll take their job, but I occasionally notice a thing or two.  :lol:

Besides, I've probably been exchanging emails with Bob since before you knew he existed.  :wink:

brj

« Reply #7 on: 19 Jun 2006, 01:50 pm »
I went through the same experience a couple of months ago while trying to send messages to Bob's "engineering" email address.  Each one came back with an error message.  It turns out that the messages were actually going through despite the warning.

At the time, at least, Bob was absolutely swamped, to the point that he was working for 40 hours at a time without ever even getting to his email.  I'm sure he'll respond when he can, but hopefully not at the expense of 40 hour "days".

Double Ugly

« Reply #8 on: 19 Jun 2006, 02:00 pm »
Quote from: brj
Each one came back with an error message.  

THAT, unfortunately, has been pretty much a constant.  The errors (or the occasional, inexplicable lack thereof) have changed as they've reconfigured their system, but with few exceptions, I've almost always gotten error messages when I send Bob mail.

Once upon a time, it actually meant Bob wasn't getting them (as per the message).  But as you noted, he is – or at least was – getting them now.

Daemon

« Reply #9 on: 20 Jun 2006, 12:37 am »
Problem is sorted, thanks guys, I got an error to the engineering address too, but I also got a reply, so it was just pulling my leg. I'm hot to trot and in communication with THE MAN.