Nuforce Modded Monster HTS 3500 With Richard Gray's 400 Pro?

capfacsurf

I just took delivery of the Nuforce modded Monster Power center. I was trying to  figure out how to utilize it in my system in conjunction with a RGPC 400 Pro. So I called RGPC, and they asked what mods Nufore performed. Do they take out the noise filters and surge protection? Do they eliminate the outlet isolation?

The RGPC products are supposed to benefit everything plugged into the same circuit as the 400 Pro. But if the Monster outlets are still isolated, then the 400 Pro's benefits wouldn't help gear plugged into the Monster.

If I sound ignorant, I am. I am going on faith, and hope, that RGPC stuff does what it says. I just want to figure out wether to plug the RGPC into the wall, the Monster into the RGPC, or vice versa. Or versa vice.

Any ideas?

John Casler

« Reply #1 on: 15 Jun 2006, 05:29 pm »
I think the NuFORCE mod is basically to increase the amount of "high amp",  unfiltered, switched outlets, so that more than two outlets are available for power amp use.

This allows you to power up and down the amps, via the front switch of the MONSTER unit.

Too much extra "power conditioning" might make a noticable degradation in sound so using both might simply add un-needed wiring/filtering.

I would try the Monster Direct to the wall, and then the RGPC to Monster combos and see what it sounds like.

The fewer elements between the amp and the wall jack the better.

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jun 2006, 08:47 pm »
Hi,
We have spoken to the gentleman over the phone, and his issue should be resolved.

We did not find RGPC particularly added or subtracted anything for us, but we didn't use it long enough.  Reportedly, RGPC needs to be connected for a few days before sounding really good.

We suggested to hook up either (1) RGPC to the same AC outlet socket In Parallel with the Monster 3500, or (2) Monster 3500 into the RGPC.    As each system is different, listen carefully to determine the final configuration.

capfacsurf

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jun 2006, 10:28 pm »
Thanks, Casey:

I am experimenting with your Monster mod and the RGPC 400 Pro, which has been plugged into my dedicated circuit for nearly a week. So far, I have seen no changes with the 400 Pro in the system, so my experience has been similar to yours.

This weekend I will try experimenting with various connection schemes, looking for the ideal combo.