Anyone know anything about these?

BobM

« on: 22 May 2006, 01:12 pm »
http://www.truesoundcontrol.com/products/LENRD8.html

or

http://www.truesoundcontrol.com/products/MTRLEN8.html

Not really sure what the difference is between the two, except they look a little different. They sell for about $30 each, so are probably cheaper and easier to install than anything I could DIY. But how effective are they, that's the real question. Are they a waste of time?

Anyone know?

Thanks,
Bob

nathanm

« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2006, 04:18 pm »
I've got about 16 LENRDs in my room.  Although obviously a "better like this, or better like this" back and forth comparison cannot be made with such a thing, I would say that the room sounds better with them installed and is much better than my old bass traps: piles of laundry stacked to the ceiling.  I realize that the arguments for fiberglass being superior to foam are probably valid, but the foam looks much better, is easier to install and you don't have to worry about itchiness and mess.  It can also be cut to fit.  Ideally I would be using RealTraps if I could afford 'em, but then again big black rectangles aren't quite as cool as colorful spikes and wedges.  Either one is better than hard walls!

BobM

« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2006, 04:39 pm »
Thanks for the quick response. After further searching and reading and comparison shopping this morning I think I'm going to buy some GIC 244's. They are about the same price but seem to have better low frequency absorption characteristics, and will be a bit easier to move about the room and find the ideal location.

Bob

Ethan Winer

• Industry Participant
  • Audio expert
    • RealTraps - The acoustic treatment experts
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2006, 04:06 pm »
Bob,

Indeed, GIK 244 panels are head and shoulders above LENRDs.

--Ethan

Glenn K

« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2006, 05:57 pm »
Quote from: Ethan Winer
Bob,

Indeed, GIK 244 panels are head and shoulders above LENRDs.

--Ethan

Bartender, please get my friend a beer on me!  :mrgreen: