Bybee AC Purifier

Wayne1

Bybee AC Purifier
« on: 28 May 2003, 04:21 pm »
And yet ANOTHER new product using the Bybee quantum purifiers :D

This contains TWO large Bybees. One in in series with the AC hot lead, the other in the neutral lead. It is made with Marinco Hospital grade AC connectors.

You can just plug this in your outlet and plug your favorite power cable into it. You will get all the benefits form the Bybees without having to send your gear out to be modded :)

The price is $190.00 for the Standard (which is one Bybee in the hot lead) and $290.00 for the ULTRA (one in the hot and one in the neutral)

I have added this item to the BOLDER Cables website.

Jay S

Bybee AC Purifier
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jun 2003, 02:49 am »
I did a bit of testing last night and this morning that lead me to believe that this is a great product and that bybees can benefit your system even if you already have good power cords and a power filter.  

I have a Blue Circle balanced power supply, but wanted to see what Bybees could add...  So, I borrowed a friend's Bolder Quantum power strip (with 2 Bybees), and plugged my Blue Circle into it.  All of my components are plugged into the Blue Circle.  

Well, at first I thought that the music lost a bit of energy.  Then I remembered that cleaner power can sound like that due to the reduction of treble hash.  I listened more last night and this morning, mostly to Sade and the Corrs (MTV unplugged album).  I am hearing a lower noise floor overall.  Soundstage is more 3D and realistic.  Small details of vocals and instruments (e.g. harmonics, inflections) are also more apparent.  There is a sense of purity to the vocals and instruments and I find it easier to understand lyrics!  Plus bass is definitely tighter.  In short, coherence and musicality took a definite step forward.  

I've emailed Wayne re an order.  The Bybee AC adaptor gives you the flexibility to use any power cord and still get the benefits of bybees in the power chain.  In my case, by putting them upstream of my power filter, all of my components will benefit from bybee-cleaned power.

nathanm

Bybee AC Purifier
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jun 2003, 05:17 am »
Okay, pragmatic question time:  how is that thing going to stay plugged in the wall with yet another heavy cord hanging off the back?

nathanm

Bybee AC Purifier
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jun 2003, 06:04 am »

randog

Bybee AC Purifier
« Reply #4 on: 30 Jun 2003, 05:07 pm »
I would probably slip a noose of some sort around where it tapers down (end away from wall) and mount it to the faceplate screw. Of course this would only work if used in the lower outlet (unless it was a rigid bracket).

Perhaps a flange detail of some sort that utilizes that screw would be a good product revision. Or a 90 degree version might even be better yet.

Just trying to be helpful as I do see Nathan's point.  8)

Randog

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Bybee AC Purifier
« Reply #5 on: 30 Jun 2003, 05:16 pm »
Or, you could get one of those ridiculously strong gripping hubbel hospital grade outlets.  Those damn things NEVER let go of a plug without a LOT of force (ie, me pulling HARD on the plug).  Then you wouldn't have to worry about support.

randog

Bybee AC Purifier
« Reply #6 on: 30 Jun 2003, 05:30 pm »
Oops... I just posted a joke but realized this is a manufacturer introduction thread and that's just plain not nice. So I put it over with Nathan's link.