RAW HT6 anyone?

skablaw

RAW HT6 anyone?
« on: 2 May 2006, 05:36 pm »
Hi everyone!  This is my first time on the forums here so I want to say first that I can't tell you all how much I have enjoyed the information and banter here while I've been lurking around your threads.  Your knowledge and willingness to share it is remarkable and you should consider yourselves an absolutely invaluable resource.

Now that the formalities are out of the way, I'm curious about anyone and everyone's opinions of the HT6 speaker.  I have been considering puting together a good quality Monitor+Sub combination and I'm wondering if this kit might fit the bill.

I have thought about purchasing b-stock Onix Reference 1's, which seem like a steal at $700 or so a pair, but the bargain hunter in my blood got to thinking I might be able to stretch my dollar even further with a kit like the HT6.

I realize some finer points concerning the type and size of the drivers might make this an indirect comparison, but for my dollar they certainly line up in the same category.

I have yet to find any even cursory reviews of the HT6.  I see good things about the HT1 so I would suspect it would me more of the same, but any input you folks might have would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all so much!
-Steve

mcgsxr

RAW HT6 anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 2 May 2006, 05:43 pm »
I presently have 3 sets of RAW speakers at my house, including the HT2, HT6, and HT3.

I am having some folks over this weekend, to have a listen, and following that, I will post my own thoughts on how they each do.

So, if you can wait a week, I can give you at least my opinion, and likely a few of the others will chime in too.

Have a great one,

skablaw

RAW HT6 anyone?
« Reply #2 on: 2 May 2006, 06:01 pm »
Haha, I can wait a week, but it's going to be torture :o   Thanks so much Mark.  I can't wait to hear what you have to say about them.

If anyone has an opinion to share before next week, don't be shy.  I'm anxious to learn all I can about these speakers!

-Steve

mcgsxr

RAW HT6 anyone?
« Reply #3 on: 2 May 2006, 06:12 pm »
I know that mumbles came over to my house last weekend, and liked what he heard, but I won't speak for him, and this model etc.

I just don't want to post my thoughts, and in any way colour what folks think...

RAW

RAW HT6 anyone?
« Reply #4 on: 3 May 2006, 09:52 pm »
We will have a few reviews that will come from that get together Mark is holding.

Look the HT6 complete :o  8)

skablaw

RAW HT6 anyone?
« Reply #5 on: 4 May 2006, 12:58 am »
Al, you have me salivating.  I have to say that I'm tad grateful that this review session had to wait for the weekend because I might've sprung for the HT6's blind at $1049.  But now I have virtually no excuse not to get them if the feedback is positive  :D

RAW

RAW HT6 anyone?
« Reply #6 on: 10 May 2006, 06:55 pm »
Well this should make the jump a little easier 8)

Yes we are clearing out the HT6 for a new model in the works.
This will not use the same drivers at all ribbon or Extremis.

$349.99 kit Solen parts 100% no sonicaps or Mills.
CNC baffles included.
Just add up the price on the components alone :oops:

Once they arte gone they are gone for good :cry: