Yes - Fragil on DVD-A..guess I have to get it.....

Marbles

« on: 28 May 2003, 03:38 am »

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2003, 04:29 am »
The only reviews I've read of the MC version of Fragile really rave it up.  Supposedly creams the stereo version.  I've been meaning to pick it up, too.

mojoman

« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2003, 01:45 pm »
I have this one.  It's awesome, my second favorite multi channel recording.  DSOTM is my favorite.

Tom Bombadil

« Reply #3 on: 1 Jun 2003, 01:11 am »
It's been out for a few months now.  It is a nice mix and really opens up some of the songs.  Downside is that it is mixed a bit on the bright side.  Likewise for their Magnification DVD-A, which is a pretty good album and shows that Yes isn't dead as composers of new works in the 21st century.

drphoto

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jun 2003, 03:22 am »
Dunno about the DVD, but I've been listening to 'Fragile' quite a bit lately. Just an amazing band. Chris Squires especially.

Yes was the first concert I ever saw (Tales of a Topagraphic Ocean) and saw them 6 more times. What's really amazing is they can play that shit live! They have really good sound systems and tech's with actual hearing.
The 'In the Round' show was a total trip. Just beautiful in every way.

mojoman

« Reply #5 on: 4 Jun 2003, 03:31 pm »
I agree with drphoto about live Yes.  I've seen them in 70's, 80's and 90's and can't say I've ever seen a weak show, much less a bad one.  I saw that concert in the round show too, awesome.

EDS_

« Reply #6 on: 6 Jun 2003, 04:49 am »
Quote from: Tom Bombadil
It's been out for a few months now.  It is a nice mix and really opens up some of the songs.  Downside is that it is mixed a bit on the bright side.  Likewise for their Magnification DVD-A, which is a pretty good album and shows that Yes isn't dead as composers of new works in the 21st century.

I agree with this read------the mix is a dash bright but I think the my old LP of the work is as well.

This work is second best to Neil Young's Harvest IMO. As far a DVD-A multi-channel goes. I really like the Doors LA Woman (what a great album!) Eagles HC and ELP's Brain Salad Surgery as well for content and mixing.

DeadFish

DVD Fragile
« Reply #7 on: 8 Jun 2003, 02:23 pm »
I had to throw 2cents in here.
Amoungst the  few DVD-A albums I've got replicating my vinyl, this one is quite unique in my system in that the individual instruments seem to come out more to themselves, rather than a homogenized blend of Yesmusic.  Amoungst my top several DVD-A, and off the cuff, the only thing that caught my interest more was the remixes of American Beauty/Workingman's Dead.
I probably played the grooves offa my vinyl, and for any real YES fan that loved this album that has multichannel, this is a must listen with you in the sweet spot.

DF