Musica Bella SP/AV Series developments

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« on: 19 Apr 2006, 06:06 pm »
Greetings everyone.
  As many know, the feedback on the Bella Series has been much better than we could have hoped for. A few changes are now going to be incorperated into the new production units.

1) Bass drivers will now be counter sunk :D
2) Bass driver frames will be available in black rather than the silver currently shown.
3) Both models are now available with full-wrap grill socks. Options for the top and bottom plates will be real wood veneered 3/4" MDF or 3/4" solid Oak.
4) Pricing is the same as the Vinyl finish option.

Last but not least..... I will be extending the 10% discounting through May 15 on both the Bella I & II.

Carl V

« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2006, 07:38 pm »
1) Bass drivers will now be counter sunk

OK, is this merely an esthetic consideration?
I would have thought thought the waveguide
would make edge defration artifacts from the
midwoofer frame negligible.

2) Bass driver frames will be available in black rather than the silver currently shown.

Are they available with black Frames? Definite improvement.

3) Both models are now available with full-wrap grill socks. Options for the top and bottom plates will be real wood veneered 3/4" MDF or 3/4" solid Oak.

So will they resemble a Vandersteen design now?

4) Pricing is the same as the Vinyl finish option.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2006, 08:17 pm »
OK, is this merely an esthetic consideration?
I would have thought thought the waveguide
would make edge defration artifacts from the
midwoofer frame negligible.

The reasoning behind this is for both cosmetics as well as allowing us to go with the wrap around grill sock. It also allows us to use a different grill frame.

Are they available with black Frames? Definite improvement

Yes, it is the outer frames that will be black. This will actually be done here as the drivers arrive using a unique satin black paint.

So will they resemble a Vandersteen design now?

I guess you could say that. I have speakers in my home that were designed and built in the early 90's that use this technique and I wanted to bring it forth in the Bella line.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #3 on: 20 Apr 2006, 03:01 pm »
LIMITED TIME SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PRICING

We are now  taking orders on the first official production run of our Musica Bella SP/AV-2 loudspeakers. The special pricing is being offered for all orders taken through May 15, 2006. This run will be for units ordered with the wrap around grill with real wood veneered 3/4" MDF top and bottom plates. Your choice of black or white grill cloth and Cherry or Maple veneered top/bottom plates.
I will also install 1/4-20 threaded inserts in the bottom plates for those who may want to use small Audio Points to couple these speakers to their stands.

Reg. Price: $2890
Special Price: $2600 pr.
Audio Circle Member Price: $2400 pr.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #4 on: 14 May 2006, 07:19 pm »
I am expecting delivery of my "new look" Bella cabinets shortly. I will post pictures when available. I will have pictures of both the SP/AV-1 in Red Birch real wood veneer and the SP/AV-2 with the wrap around grill w/ Maple real wood venner top and bottom plates. I will use custom Skylan stands built especially for the Bella speakers.

I will be setting up my first audition pair with external crossovers so I can use the crossovers I already have that have several hundreds of play time.

My current demo pair in Red Maple vinyl veneer are for sale for $1990 to a lucky Audio Circle member and will come with grills and a fresh built internal crossovers.
I can't take the time to break in another set of crossovers right now. Besides they have the Bybee option in the high pass filter.
 If someone is interested in this demo pair and absolutely must have the burned in crossovers, we can talk :|