New Simple Killer Pre-amp!

amplifierguru

« on: 14 Apr 2006, 10:27 pm »
Hi All,

During the last month I have been quietly working on a new preamplifier module loosely based on the symmetrical Simple Killer Amplifier topology.
It has been sim'd, honed and prototyped.

The simple single gain stage all BJT topology features a low noise dual differential input stage and compound complementary emitter follower output stage, and uses bootstrap +ve feedback to boost and linearise the input stage gain.

Typical performance is <0.0005% THD predom 2HD at 1V output in a x+4 to x-1  (inverting) gain block. BW is 2MHz with 48dB NFB.

The gain block will be set at x +4 (12 dB) and will have dedicated 2BJT 80dB +Vs/-Vs discrete EF regulators on board. The module kit will be stereo and expected to sell for US$75 with a fully ground planed, double sided board, through hole plated PCB for lowest noise and consistent performance.

The gain block has application as I/V op amp for DAC's as well as a versatile active crossover op-amp.

I am hoping for release within 1 month in a form yet to be finalised. Open to suggestion withing sourcing/cost constraints.

Cheers,
greg

JoshK

« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2006, 11:28 pm »
Can you take a minute to discuss whether SE or balanced input/output will be accomodated?

amplifierguru

« Reply #2 on: 15 Apr 2006, 12:00 am »
Hi JoshK,

Sure. as you can see from my original post the design is spec'd for -1 .

This was done to indicate suitability for I/V (DAC interface) and active filter/crossover block application, and to provide an add on inverting output for balanced outputs.

The discrete SKA based op-amp is fully Class A settable from 5mA to 20mA to suit heavy loading down to 1K, and can output up to +/-10V peak. It is either AC or completely DC coupled and has a DC offset adjust trimpot for nulling.

Cheers,
greg