Sapphire XL center

ajayrav

Sapphire XL center
« on: 28 Mar 2006, 12:51 am »
Hello Mike,

Do we have any more updates on the XL center?  Any pre-production pix?  I've been using the XLs full -range for music.  In my small family room (12X15) I rarely turn my sub on anymore, except for movies!  Oh and by the way, you had mentioned that the XLs were THE cure for upgradeitis....Well that isn't entirely true (j/k)....I've been upgrading everything else to keep up with the XLs!  They truly are, to quote random teenagers off the street, AWESOME.  My mouth waters when I think of adding the XL center.......

BTW, the Sound Anchors stands really augments the XLs performance.  I don't think people realize how big of a difference the stands make!

Glenn S

Sapphire XL center
« Reply #1 on: 29 Mar 2006, 12:42 pm »
I'd like to hear more about the new center myself. I am so close to pulling out my CC and ordering the XLs. But  must know that I'll soon be able to add the matching center and subs.

Mike Dzurko

Re: Sapphire XL center
« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2006, 12:10 am »
Quote from: ajayrav
Hello Mike,

Do we have any more updates on the XL center?  Any pre-production pix?  I've been using the XLs full -range for music.  In my small family room (12X15) I rarely turn my sub on anymore, except for movies!  Oh and by the way, you had mentioned that the XLs were THE cure for upgradeitis....Well that isn't entirely true (j/k)....I've been upgrading everything else to keep up with the XLs!  They truly are, to quote random teenagers off the street, AWESOME.  My mouth waters when I think of adding t ...

I'm glad you're enjoying  :D

Right now it is last minute details before a formal announcement. Little things like a name  :lol:  We are also waiting on some final cost quotes so we can price it properly. Everything is on order or here . . .  SOON!

ajayrav

New Center name...
« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2006, 01:17 am »
How about Diva , Elan, Rapture or Rhapsody?????  Anyway, can't wait...

Mike Dzurko

Re: New Center name...
« Reply #4 on: 30 Mar 2006, 02:05 am »
Quote from: ajayrav
How about Diva , Elan, Rapture or Rhapsody?????  Anyway, can't wait...

Rhapsody, that one strikes a chord :)  I'm putting it in the pot .. . .

John B

Sapphire XL center
« Reply #5 on: 30 Mar 2006, 03:14 am »
Little things like a name

Ummmm...Sapphire XL Center, why confuse the issue  :mrgreen:  Or perhaps "the mean green center machine" would be fun :lol:

ajayrav

Sapphire XL center
« Reply #6 on: 30 Mar 2006, 03:35 am »
Surely you mean 'mean BLACK center machine'.  I've always thought the XLs looked like a much nicer version of Darth Vaders mask- all shiny and gloss black

John B

Sapphire XL center
« Reply #7 on: 30 Mar 2006, 02:30 pm »
all shiny and gloss black

Yup, all my speakers are gloss black...speaking of which, though I hesitate to reveal my "mess"...but when you try an put together a combo HT, tube stereo, and headphone system into one relatively small space you get this  :mrgreen:  http://hometheatertalk.com/httalk/viewtopic.php?t=18641&start=0

Harry P

Sapphire XL center
« Reply #8 on: 24 Apr 2006, 10:30 pm »
Any further word? Got a friend thinking of a set of the Sapphire XLs and he's wondering about the center.

Mike Dzurko

Sapphire XL center
« Reply #9 on: 1 May 2006, 11:23 pm »
My apologies for no reply. The sale is just swamping us . . . that's a good thing because we need room, for among other things, the new center cabinets that are on the way  :D

Here's what I can tell you: we still need a name, it sounds AWESOME, looks great and the dimensions are:
H: 9 1/4"
W: 21 3/4"
D: 13 1/2"

Price, not set yet  but will end up around where the Essence is. We hope to have intro pricing ready soon for pre-orders.

thedeskE

• http://www.thedeske.com
Sapphire XL center
« Reply #10 on: 2 May 2006, 05:47 pm »
XLC sounds right ;)

Are these MTM or 3 way like the others?

E

Mike Dzurko

Sapphire XL center
« Reply #11 on: 3 May 2006, 01:06 am »
Quote from: thedeskE
XLC sounds right ;)

Are these MTM or 3 way like the others?

E

XLC, not bad, not bad at all. We'll add this one to the pool.  MTM? E, why would we do that?   :nono:

Three way with vertical mid-tweeter array, just like a good center should  :D

thedeskE

• http://www.thedeske.com
Sapphire XL center
« Reply #12 on: 3 May 2006, 06:08 am »
Shun The Idea :o

Just checking

E

John B

Sapphire XL center
« Reply #13 on: 3 May 2006, 12:06 pm »
Sapphire XL Centre Du Jour  :lol: