Talisman SE . . . Special Opportunity

Mike Dzurko

« on: 22 Mar 2006, 04:27 pm »
This is your last chance! Only a handful of the awesome Talisman SE remain! The Talisman SE is one of the finest towers ever built. No matter what your musical tastes, the Talisman SE will deliver with authority. The following finishes are available: clear oak, black oak, maple, and rosewalnut. The Talisman SE normally sells for $5000 pr. and up, depending on finish. If you act quickly, your cost is only $3999 * for your choice of finish!
Our man, Vance (in charge of final assembly and testing here at ACI) happens to be a Talisman SE owner and he’s also a bit of a bass-head. He says we should offer a pair of Talisman SE and a Maestro subwoofer for the insanely low price of $4999! * *  
Vance says, “That would be a rockin’ good deal!” We couldn’t agree more!

AC Forum . . .  we love you, so call or email for an ADDED bonus you can get!
* Prices do not include S/H
** The Maestro will be architectural black, (wood panels may be added for extra charge). It will be an as-new B-Stock unit featuring the class AB amp rather than the new ICE based amplifier.

JJD

« Reply #1 on: 23 Mar 2006, 01:00 pm »
Holy crap, I need to start the lobbying process NOW!

Herb

« Reply #2 on: 23 Mar 2006, 07:53 pm »
Questions:

Any idea how long you will have these in stock?
Looks like cherry is no longer available? Can it be special ordered?
Do they have full warranty etc?
The room I'm thinking of is mid-size, wouldn't adding a Maestro be overkill? This is for serious stereo, no plans for HT in this system.

I'm looking for any opinions on these speakers as I'd hate to send them back!

Herb

« Reply #3 on: 23 Mar 2006, 07:55 pm »
Forgot 1    Anywhere on the West Coast I could hear a pair?

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #4 on: 24 Mar 2006, 01:23 am »
Quote from: Herb
Questions:

Any idea how long you will have these in stock?
Looks like cherry is no longer available? Can it be special ordered?
Do they have full warranty etc?
The room I'm thinking of is mid-size, wouldn't adding a Maestro be overkill? This is for serious stereo, no plans for HT in this system.

I'm looking for any opinions on these speakers as I'd hate to send them back!

Herb:

We have a very low number of cabinets. It is impossible to tell how long they will be in stock, a week or less? A month or less? I just can't tell you. I can tell you that if you're seriously interested you should consider having us put a pair on 48 hour hold so you can do your research, etc. and then not be disappointed.
No special orders, so cherry is gone . . .
Full warranty, you bet
Maestro in your room? I wouldn't need it, Vance would want it :)  Heck, you will be very solid all the way down . . .  I have a room that is around 5800 cu.ft. and were we not discontinuing the line, I would have kept my pair for sure!

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #5 on: 25 Mar 2006, 10:49 pm »
Quote from: Herb
Forgot 1    Anywhere on the West Coast I could hear a pair?

Herb:

Sorry I missed your post . . .  we do not currently have any showrooms on the West coast. I believe there are Talisman owners on the West coast, but couldn't tell you where for sure . . . besides we try to protect confidentiality. However, go ahead and post a topic asking for Talisman owners on the West coast and maybe someone will see and respond. Hope you're having a great weekend!

balji

• http://www.highdefzone.us
« Reply #6 on: 2 Apr 2006, 03:13 am »
Herb
I have a pair of Talisman SE in Cherry, the showroom Demo Pair, in MINT condition. If you make up your mind, let me know, I will sell you this pair and get a different finish from Mike. It is only 3 months old and quite broken in.

As far as my opinion is concerned, I love to demo the Odyssey Stratos Extreme Mono Blocks using these speakers and the listeners are blown away with the musicality over the entire spectrum.

Thanx

Herb

« Reply #7 on: 3 Apr 2006, 01:08 am »
Thank you Balji. I will keep that option in mind. I need to get pre-approval from the head honcho before moving any further on this one.