Bella x-overs for Essence AV Series

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« on: 20 Mar 2006, 08:26 pm »
Greetings everyone,
 I have been receiving quite a few inquiries about providing Bella version crossovers to those interested in the Essence AV Series kits.

For a limited time, I will be making available complete, fully assembled crossovers to purchasers of the Essence AV loudspeakers. These will be available as fully assembled units only.

Pricing is $425 for both the Essence I & II

Pricing is $700 for external crossovers.
These will use Eichmann Cable pods for both the input and output and will assembled allowing bi-wire configuration. At no additional charge, our custom umbilical cord using either standard binding post or Speak-On connectors will be supplied. The crossovers will be assembled in custom aluminum chassis as shown below.

Bybee options are also available.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2006, 01:54 pm »
For those who have inquired on obtaining Bella crossovers for the Essence/Presence loudspeakers, the special pricing of $425 will end June 1st.

The restail cost (just for parts) for a consumer to build these crosovers is approximately $475 pr.

Keep in mind these crossover can be used with the on-wall / in-wall versions as well.

After June 1st. the cost for fully assembled Bella 1 and 2 crossovers will be $500 pr.

mixsit

« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2006, 05:01 pm »
Could you explain to me what this system is please? (I don't see it on your site.) Also, I've seen references to bi-amping in some of the SP posts..?
Thanks
Wayne Smith

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2006, 05:14 pm »
Could you explain to me what this system is please? (I don't see it on your site.) Also, I've seen references to bi-amping in some of the SP posts..?

I am not sure I completey understand your questions. If, by system, you mean the Bella Loudspeakers, they cane be found here:

http://www.responseaudio.com/bellaSPAV1.htm

If you are speaking of the SP Tech Essence / Presence loudspeakers, they are here:

http://www.responseaudio.com/SP%20Tech.htm

Please keep in touch if you have any further questions, comments or concerns.

mixsit

« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2006, 05:32 pm »
The external cross overs?
Wayne

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2006, 05:47 pm »
The external cross overs?

This is simply the crossovers built into seperate outboard chassis. One per speaker. For the Bella speakers the cord connecting the speakers and crossovers use Speak-on connectors. For units built for the SP versions, I use Speak-on connectors at the crossovers with banana plugs at the speaker end.

The picture in the first post shows one of the extrenal crossovers used in my Bella SP/AV-2. There are more pictures on the Bella 2 webpage.

Carl V

« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2006, 08:12 pm »
Keep in mind these crossover can be used with the on-wall / in-wall versions as well.

How does the same XO...topology & parts function for both
a 2Pi & a 4Pi enviornment?  Does your XO incorporate BSC?

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #7 on: 18 May 2006, 09:53 pm »
How does the same XO...topology & parts function for both
a 2Pi & a 4Pi enviornment? Does your XO incorporate BSC?

Hi Carl, you are absolutely correct. Yes, the Bella speakers (crossovers) do have the BSC incorperated into them. The cossovers are not the same as the on-wall versions. What I should have posted was that we can also build the Bella on-wall version of the crossover. I do have this schematic as well.
 The pricing is the same for either design.

Sorry about the confusion.

I am coming out with Bella on-wall as well as I will be working on some HT marketing locally. I feel the on-walls will be more to the liking of those who do not want an abtrusive speaker in their living room but do want quality sound for both HT and 2-channel music. I am not a subwoofer fan but obviously one is needed with the on-wall / in-wall versions.

Carl V

« Reply #8 on: 19 May 2006, 01:42 am »
I am coming out with Bella on-wall as well as I will be working on some HT marketing locally. I feel the on-walls will be more to the liking of those who do not want an abtrusive speaker in their living room but do want quality sound for both HT and 2-channel music.

Yowza....After seeing Bob posting a picute of his Onwall Concert Presense speaker I can see how this will be a very welcome option.

Flat panel screen flanked by a 5-6" deep AV2... if you splurge with
the High Gloss front..flush mount the drivers & paint the Frame black
It should be quite nice.

Carl V

« Reply #9 on: 19 May 2006, 01:44 am »
The cossovers are not the same as the on-wall versions. What I should have posted was that we can also build the Bella on-wall version of the crossover. I do have this schematic as well.
The pricing is the same for either design.

Sorry about the confusion.

Gotcha...I understand now.  I was just curious.

Thanks again for your help & assistance.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #10 on: 19 May 2006, 01:49 am »
Flat panel screen flanked by a 5-6" deep AV2... if you splurge with
the High Gloss front..flush mount the drivers & paint the Frame black
It should be quite nice.

Hi Carl, actually the inquiries I have been receiving have been for a a full wrap around grill with solid hardwood top and bottom plates. Should look qite good boarding a nice plasma or projector screen. Not everyone want a big loudspeaker taking up a lot of room. I am shooting for the same Bella quality sound that will integrate into both HT and two channel enthusiast. The Bella sub is being design to compliment these speakers.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #11 on: 20 May 2006, 02:46 am »
if you splurge with the High Gloss front..flush mount the drivers & paint the Frame black It should be quite nice.

Carl, all of the Bella speakers will have countersunk drivers with black frames regarless of the finish style choosen.