Standalone phono stage?

Brad

Standalone phono stage?
« on: 20 May 2003, 03:20 pm »
Hugh,

After reading the very positive remarks on your phono stage for the GK-1, I'm wondering if you've considered offering it as a standalone kit :?:  :?:  :idea:

Could be very price competitive.....(I know it will be quality-competitive)

bluesky

Standalone phono stage?
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2003, 04:34 am »
Hi Brad,

That's a good question.  I have the TLP Nirvana and I'm trying to incorporate a relatively cheap phono stage into it.  I would much prefer to have an Aksa phono stage if at all possible.  Like you, I have no doubt about the quality of the music that it would make.

What intrigues me is Hugh's new innovation of significantly reducing the pops and crackles that plague the vinyl medium.  If this works well I can't help but think that once this gets out into the broader audio community it may well take off like a rocket.

I am just getting back into vinyl and love the textures and dynamics of the music but I find the pops and crackles very distracting to my listening pleasure.  By using an Aksa phono stage and a good cleaning system I am wondering if I can have my cake and eat it too.  Lately I have been getting near new records, mostly classical, from charity shops for next to nothing.  This could be a great way to build up a good collection very cost effectively.  :D

Cheers, Ian

Brad

Standalone phono stage?
« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2003, 08:33 am »
Bump

Any thoughts, Hugh?

AKSA

Standalone phono stage?
« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2003, 10:29 am »
Hi Brad,

lurch.........  lurch.............

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...................

Lemme think on this one.  I have to say that this phono was designed to be synergistic with the GK-1 output stage, and when used alone much of this synergy is gone.  Thus I wouldn't much like to separate it.

It's a bit like selling the Mercedes Kompressor motor without the 320 series body.  They go together........

Cheers,

Hugh