Linn Classik & Linn Tukans w/ Force or Titan?

hughL

« on: 8 Mar 2006, 02:50 am »
I'm saving up for a sub this Spring and was wondering if there is anyone who's used either a Force or Titan w/ Linn Tukans (these are small monitors).  I'm using the Linn Classik w/ pre-outs.  I have a 12X14 room w/ an 8' ceiling where I edit on my computer at my desk w/ Final Cut Pro.  I just moved to this house and because of a lack of usable floor space I'll need to mount the Tukans up on the wall at about 7' high to clear the sliding closet doors along the 14' wall.  I think I can place the sub on the right side (as I face the speakers from my desk) about a third of the way toward me from that front wall.  It could also go in the center of my room just under the far side of my desk which is a huge tall architect's style desk.

Would the Force give me enough bass in this size of a room?  Or should I get the Titan.  If it's splitting hairs I'd go w/ the Force because money's tight right now.

The new style subs look good, but I'll probably go for the old style in "architectural black" which serves the sort of spare bauhaus/japanese aesthetic I have going on in my room.

Thanks,
-Hugh

Mike Dzurko

• Facilitator
« Reply #1 on: 9 Mar 2006, 04:26 pm »
Hugh:

I was hoping to see others who own or have heard the Force chime in, but since that hasn't happened . . . well I do own a few anyway  :D

I don't think you need a Titan in your room, the Force will do a great job matching up with your Linns and save you some money.  Yes, you can save a bit more by ordering from the current Force stock rather than waiting for the XL series cabinets.  Have a great day!

Harry P

« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2006, 03:16 am »
I was outa town! I've heard the Tukans, and I own twin Force. It would be a marriage made in heaven. Lots of subs out there, lots of boom boxes if you ask me, the Force play music!

JJD

« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2006, 11:51 pm »
I've heard the Force and Titan matched with quite an assortment of small to medium size stand mounts. They are really wonderful subs.  If music is your first love, IMO you can't do better within range of their pricing.