Sigur Ros & Bjork on HBO2 Monday morning--Reverb

Tonto Yoder

« on: 19 May 2003, 11:15 am »
Some of the members who've discussed Sigur Ros recently might want to tune in (if it's available).  On the East Coast, it's on at 7:30 a.m. (what a perfect time for a rock concert!).

Tjontius Yjooderson  (Icelandic for "Tonto Yoder")

BlackCat

« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2003, 03:40 pm »
I didn't see Sigur Ros, but had the displeasure of seeing Bjork...she sounded like she had a mad cat up her ass.  HBO reruns this on a regular basis, so there are better time slots to see it.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2003, 06:09 pm »
Unfortunately, after going F'in months without anything good on HBO, I cancelled my subscription!  Figures.

Tonto Yoder

« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2003, 06:24 pm »
Quote from: BlackCat
I didn't see Sigur Ros, but had the displeasure of seeing Bjork...she sounded like she had a mad cat up her ass.  HBO reruns this on a regular basis, so there are better time slots to see it.

Actually, I've been planning to see this particular show for quite a little while and it has always been shown early in the day (and I've forgotten to set the VCR). Seems a natural for late night Friday or Sat.

Carlman

« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2003, 06:49 pm »
You guys really need one of the 'on demand' type systems that most cable companies are offering.  For $1 a month, you can watch any movie showing on any movie channel at anytime.  (this is through Time Warner's digital cable service)  If the movie comes on at any point during the month, you can watch it, pause it, whenever you want.  It's really neat.  My neighbor has it... and I probably will as well when my satellite contract is up.

Just something you may want to look into....

-Carl

byteme

« Reply #5 on: 19 May 2003, 08:23 pm »
Carl,

Is that that "iControl" thing that Warner has been advertising lately that sounds like an ad from Total Recall for the Recall Memory Implant place?

Sounds cool!  Too bad we have Charter for a cable option.

BlackCat

« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2003, 02:43 pm »
Actually, there's another Reverb that they play in rotation that I thought was really good....  Remy Zero and Coldplay....watch for that one.

Tonto Yoder

This site is good for keeping track of music on TV
« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2003, 03:09 pm »
http://www.musicstation.com/cgi-bin/rotv/rotv_cgi?search_type=artist_exact&sort_by=artist&type=tv&search=203952

You can enter an artist name.  And you can find what artist will be on Conan or all day Saturday.