Buy parts online

Buy parts online
« on: 19 May 2003, 05:57 am »
i'm very keen to try out the ASKA kits, but i'd like to know if there are any online shops that sell those components that do not come with the AKSA kits.

i've just moved to Sydney, and still do not know my way around..which is why i'd prefer to buy the stuff online.

thanks!

AKSA

Buy parts online
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2003, 06:21 am »
Hi Newbie (you might want to change your moniker after six months here!),

Jaycar and Altronics have reasonable online cattle dogs which supply most of the bits you need.

You might like to consider coming to our Sydney AKSAfest on 29th May at Level 1, 17 Rodborough Rd, Frenchs Forest, starting around 5pm.

You'd be very welcome, and will have a chance to meet other Sydney AKSA builders, and listen to the products.

Cheers,

Hugh

Buy parts online
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2003, 06:59 am »
Thanks for the invitation. I've also read about it in thread below and it sounds really exciting. But the problem again is the accessibility. I'm not sure if I can find my way there, and back! Nevermind.. I'd join you guys next time! :)

Malcolm Fear

Buy parts online
« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2003, 07:12 am »
Hey Newbie
Where abouts do you live in Sydney?

Buy parts online
« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2003, 07:16 am »
hi malcom fear, i'm currently staying in Canley Vale whilst searching for a permanent place.

Pleb Plebian

Buy parts online
« Reply #5 on: 19 May 2003, 07:38 am »
Anyone wanna give me a lift from Hamilton (New Zealand)??
:-))
LOL
Have a great time guys!
-Darl

bluesky

Buy parts online
« Reply #6 on: 19 May 2003, 07:41 am »
Hi Newbie

Like you, I am a newcomer to this electronic kit stuff.  Be warned it is seriously addictive once you start!  :lol:

I got all my stuff from Jaycar over the internet, its the first time I had done this and it was really easy and quick.  

Can I suggest  a couple of things?  Get one of those helping hands thingies and a copy of their kit assembly brochure which costs $2.  The other thing is to realise that Hugh and the Aksa DIY audio community are always ready to help you with your questions along the way.

It's a really worthwhile adventure.

Bluesky
Brisbane, Australia

Buy parts online
« Reply #7 on: 19 May 2003, 07:58 am »
hi bluesky, thanks for the suggestions. i'd definitley follow them! i'm not a newbie to DIY. my only problem is getting the parts :(

Seano

Buy parts online
« Reply #8 on: 19 May 2003, 11:39 pm »
I can vouch for Jaycar, Altronics and X-On as an online source within Australia. But there's also Oatley Electronics, RS Components, Wiltronics, Prime Electronics, WES Components and Harbuch X-on. Oh and Dick Smith and Tandy for what they are worth.

RS also has a sales counter at their warehouse in Sydney which could be very appealing (their cattle dog is the size of a Sydney telephone book). Jaycar, Dick Smith and Tandy have a number of retail outlets across the 'burbs. Oatley, Prime, WES and Harbuch are all based in Sydney too