What are you listening to right now?

JoshK

« Reply #220 on: 9 Apr 2006, 08:53 pm »

Beethoven Piano Concerto no 5.  Great for studying to.

mcrespo71

« Reply #221 on: 9 Apr 2006, 08:59 pm »
NAIM/NEAT :lol:

CD

PhilNYC

« Reply #222 on: 9 Apr 2006, 09:00 pm »

mcrespo71

« Reply #223 on: 9 Apr 2006, 11:45 pm »
CD

mcrespo71

« Reply #224 on: 10 Apr 2006, 01:05 am »
LP

mcrespo71

« Reply #225 on: 10 Apr 2006, 01:07 am »
Quote from: SET Man
Hey!

This post is interesting.  :D

Hey! Micheal I can't believe that you could post every album you listen to. :o

Most of the time after I pressed play buton or drop the stylus in to the groove. I dim the light,  rest my head on my listening chair and close my eyes, let the music surround me and just drip away.   :D

That's cool, Buddy.  We all have different priorities for our systems.  Mine is engagement and excitement, while others like a relaxing sound that lets you forget about worldly problems, etc.  Different strokes.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #226 on: 10 Apr 2006, 01:43 am »
Quote from: mcrespo71
NICE AFRO!
I've heard news that BS may go on tour....don't think she'll have that hairdo.... :lol:
    Mike....glad you listed your system....looks good !!! :hyper: [/list:u]
    [/list:u]
      Al Kooper - "Rare and Well Done".....2 cd's. :wink: [/list:u]

mcrespo71

« Reply #227 on: 10 Apr 2006, 01:45 am »
    ^^It's the bunnies that make my system, Chris.  The bunnies!^^ :wink:

Michael

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
    « Reply #228 on: 10 Apr 2006, 01:48 am »
    ^^It's the bunnies that make my system, Chris.  The bunnies!^^ :wink:

Michael
    Reminds me...today is Hef's birthday...he's 80  !!!! :birthday:
      Link >>>
    http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=1822031[/list:u]

zybar

• Volunteer
    • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
    « Reply #229 on: 10 Apr 2006, 02:13 am »
    Rusted Root Live in Philadelphia on HDNET.

Not quite like seeing them in person, but still enjoyable.  

:dance:

George

mcrespo71

« Reply #230 on: 10 Apr 2006, 05:43 pm »
    LP

kfr01

« Reply #231 on: 10 Apr 2006, 06:31 pm »
    That's cool, Buddy.  We all have different priorities for our systems.  Mine is engagement and excitement, while others like a relaxing sound that lets you forget about worldly problems, etc.  Different strokes.

I personally really enjoy this thread.  I'm a big fan of sharing an otherwise solo experience with fellow audiophiles.  I've checked out a few CDs that I've first seen here.

Karl

Folsom

« Reply #232 on: 10 Apr 2006, 07:22 pm »
    LP

Where do you buy all these new LP's? Do you really think all of them are better than a CD version... You have to admit that CD's are in most cases the priority, hence I have a hard time believing all new LP's are better.

mcrespo71

« Reply #233 on: 10 Apr 2006, 07:46 pm »
    Quote from: Destroyer of Smiles.
    LP

Where do you buy all these new LP's? Do you really think all of them are better than a CD version... You have to admit that CD's are in most cases the priority, hence I have a hard time believing all new LP's are better.

Dude, I live in NYC.  All new LP's come out here.  Moreover, if you have a multi-thousand dollar turntable, then in most cases, the CD version is inferior on my system.

Folsom

« Reply #234 on: 10 Apr 2006, 09:40 pm »
    You could have a million dollar turntable and a crappy LP would be a crappy LP. You can judge LP's vs. CD's (computer or transport) in a much lower price range. I know I have heard LP's that suck compared to CD because I tried both.

The likelihood of most LP's being better that are new, is just hard to believe. I suppose from an aspect of it being pure analog with out any defects of CD, and a bit of inherent sound that comes with it, could be pleasing over quality. In general I would just be under the assumption all mastering is CD oriented to begin with, a large digital domain, and hence LP's are not going to have any real advantage aside from inherent qualities of vinyl and a turntable.

All in all I would want to have a listen to new LP's that I did not know for sure where of good quality, before buying them. I hate wasting money on music I will not listen too.

mjosef

Back to the 40s
    « Reply #235 on: 10 Apr 2006, 10:17 pm »
    Erroll Garner, Love for sale...from the CD, The Jazz Biography of Erroll Garner....

zybar

• Volunteer
    • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
    « Reply #236 on: 10 Apr 2006, 11:07 pm »
    Quote from: Destroyer of Smiles.
    You could have a million dollar turntable and a crappy LP would be a crappy LP. You can judge LP's vs. CD's (computer or transport) in a much lower price range. I know I have heard LP's that suck compared to CD because I tried both.

The likelihood of most LP's being better that are new, is just hard to believe. I suppose from an aspect of it being pure analog with out any defects of CD, and a bit of inherent sound that comes with it, could be pleasing over quality. In general I would just be under the a ...

Please take the LP vs. CD comments to a different thread as this one is really about the music we are listening to - not the format.

Thanks,

George

mcrespo71

« Reply #237 on: 11 Apr 2006, 12:09 am »
    LP

SET Man

« Reply #238 on: 11 Apr 2006, 12:58 am »
    Quote from: SET Man
    Hey!

This post is interesting.  :D

Hey! Micheal I can't believe that you could post every album you listen to. :o

Most of the time after I pressed play buton or drop the stylus in to the groove. I dim the light,  rest my head on my listening chair and close my eyes, let the music surround me and just drip away.   :D

Hey!

Well it wasn't about the system. The point was that I'm amazed that you acturally post every albums during listening session. Instead of forgeting all about the system, the Audio Circle and etc and just be with music.  :D

Anyway, this posting is a good thing for me and other to see some new musics. So, I will try to post some myself.

As for the engagement and excitement. Well, that is depend on what I'm listening to. If I need more ecitement... turn up the volume a notch and BAM! Toe tapping fun... well maybe not as good as your Naim/Neat stuffs :wink:

Well, right now I'm relaxing to this trip-hop/jazzy electronica classic of late '90.... ahhh memories. :roll:

On vinyl of cause... of which is very rare now. :(

Take care,
    Buddy :thumb:

JoshK

« Reply #239 on: 11 Apr 2006, 01:13 am »

Thunderstruck was the tune my wrestling team use to warm up to at home matches.  The lights would go out in the auditorium, a spotlight would light up the center of the match and we would all trot out with our hoods over our head.   AC/DC playing at very high volume and we would do our warm-up routine.