Anyone here listen to Planet P?

KCI-JohnP

« on: 15 May 2003, 05:37 am »
What a great group.  I have listened to them since 1983.  They only released two albums; Planet P Project and Planet P Project "Pink World" but what a great two albums they are.  Pink world is similar to Pink Floyd's The Wall, the whole album is a story about nuclear war.  If you get a chance pick this baby up, you won't be let down.

byteme

« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2003, 05:27 pm »
WHOA!  I used to love Planet P in high school!  One of those bands you just forget about!  Are they available still on CD?  I'll have to search half.com and amazon!  Thanks for reminding me!

Kind of reminds me of Saga - remember them?  No idea how many albums they had but I've got one of their discs (Worlds Apart) that whenever I'm scanning the CDs for something to listen to and I see that I've got to pop it in!

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2003, 03:47 am »
Hi byteme,
   Sorry about the delay in my response, I just forgot I posted this!!  :oops: I have that Saga LP!  I need to break that baby out, good stuff.  I just bought a limited edition Planet P LP on pink vinyl, got it on GEMM.com.  If you want to find some great older cd's that you can't find elsewhere go here:  www.CDconnection.com   They are awesome and have most anything you want.  You will find BOTH Planet P cd's there.  Recently I had been trying to find Nena 98 Luft Balloons, Men without hats safety dance, Peter Schilling, Gary Numan Car's.  Guess what?  No one else had any of them and CDconnection had all of them!  They rock.  Anyway, good luck and let me know what you get.
PS-If you haven't heard Planet P's album "Pink World" prepare to be blown away! It is awesome!
J

byteme

« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2003, 06:52 pm »
I got Planet P Project on deepdiscountcd.com - still backordered  :evil:   But it should be here soon.  I also picked up a bunch of stuff (Ray Brown Trio, Armstrong/Ellington, Peter Epstien) that was suggested in a thread I started on blues/jazz great recordings.  They all sound great!  But I am looking forward to hearing Planet P again.

When I took my preamp in to get it checked out the guy there had me listen to his system with Robert Plant's Now and Zen, and Priciple of Moments discs.  I had forgotten all about those too - and since have pulled them out of the CD collection to give a listen to at home.  Ship of Fools is really good stuff!  Great dynamics and of course how can you argue with Plant's voice?!?

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #4 on: 3 Jun 2003, 04:16 am »
Glad you found a place to get one of their cd's.  Which one did you get? Both are great but this is a MUST: You must get Pink World, you won't regret it.  Glad that you reminded me about SAGA, great album.

I don't have the two Robert Plant discs, guess I need to pick those babies up!!!  Let me know when you get your Planet P disc and what you think of it.  Talk to ya soon.