NEW 95db tower

RAW

Re: NEW 95db tower
« Reply #60 on: 7 Aug 2006, 06:20 pm »
Well thanks for stopping and having a look at these new drivers.

Yes I will agree with the BSC in your design  as most people do design BSC in a crossover.
BUT

Drivers and how they are designed not all of them require BSC.
 :thumb:
When you have a driver designed with XBL^2 motor you have a lot of other factors that other drivers do not.
more controled BL over the band width of the driver frequency.Plus normally a higher BL but not all the time , this is all driver depentant on how the driver is designed.
And note the BL  (motor force) of the H571 is 6.6 were ours is 8.04 almost 25% stonger than your H571.

The over all SPL of the LX II (MTM) till we get the production drivers but we still have our hands on the 94-95 range.

Also the BSC when designing a crossover can be added all depends on the width of the baffles.
Notice we like the narrow baffles.

Daryl

« Reply #61 on: 8 Aug 2006, 12:24 am »
Hi again Al,

If you made your baffle so wide that it would provide a half-space load down to the frequency where the driver is effectively coupled to the floor you would not be able to realize the combined 94.5db half-space efficiency of your drivers.

Your are using a narrow baffle which will experience diffraction loss always unless located near boundries.

You cannot compare Bl for drivers directly unless Re is identical for both drivers.

Bl is higher for higher impedance drivers because current is lower and the same force must be produced for the same power input.

If you want to compare motor strength for drivers you would divide Bl by the square root of Re and then you will have a factor that will make direct comparison possible.

The type of moter has no bearing except that some motors have a falling output in the midrange which means the crossover would not need a falling response as you said.

However the midrange sensitivity of a driver is unrelated to the final sensitivity of a speaker built with it.

The final sensitivity of speakers used indoors and not located near boundries or benefiting from big baffles will be roughly 3db below the half-space sensitivity calculated from the drivers T/S parameters ALWAYS unless you allow the bass output to droop which some designers have done in the past but would not be recommended.

Your drivers have a half-space efficiency of 91.5db or 94.5db for two which would indicate an MTM with a 91.5db final sensitivity.

This is all obvious immidiately I just wanted to know how you planned on achieving 95db.

You said 95db which made me think you must have it all thought out unless it was a simple mistake.

Daryl

Daryl

Typo
« Reply #62 on: 8 Aug 2006, 12:29 am »

"If you made your baffle so wide that it would provide a half-space load down to the frequency where the driver is effectively coupled to the floor you would not be able to realize the combined 94.5db half-space efficiency of your drivers."

Should read.....

If you made your baffle so wide that it would provide a half-space load down to the frequency where the driver is effectively coupled to the floor you would be able to realize the combined 94.5db half-space efficiency of your drivers.

Daryl

RAW

« Reply #63 on: 8 Aug 2006, 12:32 am »
Daryl

Agree with you again on points and differ on others.As people always will.

As I said the final SPL of the LX II will be posted with all the data once we get the final production drivers.
Till then I will just hold the line and want that 94-95 . :icon_lol:

So you looking at the drivers for a MTM :thumb:

Daryl

« Reply #64 on: 8 Aug 2006, 12:59 am »
Fair enough Al,

I look forward to more information on those drivers and the speaker.

Daryl

EProvenzano

« Reply #65 on: 20 Oct 2006, 04:00 am »
Daryl

Agree with you again on points and differ on others.As people always will.

As I said the final SPL of the LX II will be posted with all the data once we get the final production drivers.
Till then I will just hold the line and want that 94-95 . :icon_lol:

So you looking at the drivers for a MTM :thumb:

Hello Al,
Hope you're doing well.

Are you any closer to finalizing these numbers?

Thanks  :thumb:

RAW

« Reply #66 on: 20 Oct 2006, 04:31 am »
I will put up all the data after RMAF