Combined finishes ?

reefrus

Combined finishes ?
« Reply #20 on: 9 Feb 2006, 06:58 pm »
Quote from: kyyuan
Thanks for the input, Karsten. Want to send me a pair of 2.5s from Denmark for an in-home trial?  

Hi Ken,

I'll bet Bob will be more than happy to work with you, so give him a call.

In Denver, we have every model of SP Tech. I own a pair of TP 2.0 and the Revelations. I just helped a customer upgrade his TP2.0 to 2.1. And peteG has a pair of Continuum 2.5 plus I sold a pair of Continuum AD in Cocobolo finish (Bob,am I your best dealer? :mrgreen: ). So, I think I qualify to give you a suggestion. :mrgreen:
And as karsten said: you will be impressed by Timepiece 2.1 :dance:

Bica

• http://www.bica.com.tw
Combined finishes ?
« Reply #21 on: 9 Feb 2006, 09:36 pm »
Quote from: Karsten
Hi Bica,

Yes it is your set of Timepieces on the picture. Welcome on board. I'm glad to hear that you like the Timepieces. Yes quite impressive what they can do. I was totally blown away first time I heard them, and that was even the 2.0 version.

I think if you speak real nice to Bob, he would likely make you a set in the nice finish :wink:

I have a set of Continuums in high gloss wallnut burl with piano fronts, they look really nice...

Regards,
Karsten

Thanks Karsten. I see that we do have something common in the products we carry, we can compare notes  :wave:  . I am working on bringing the Revelation into my country ASAP.  Would definitely go with the piano finish.

Bob, I'll email you some of my thoughts on misc. topics.

brj

Combined finishes ?
« Reply #22 on: 9 Feb 2006, 11:05 pm »
Thanks for the input, Karsten.  Want to send me a pair of 2.5s from Denmark for an in-home trial?   :mrgreen:

Ken, if you demo a pair, you'd better expect me to show up!  I've been bugging Bob every few months to see if a pair of SP Techs had made it to the Dallas/Fort Worth area! :lol:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Combined finishes ?
« Reply #23 on: 10 Feb 2006, 08:10 am »
Quote from: Bica
I believe that pair of Timepiece in the picture are sitting right now at my place :lol:

Believe me, if I could convince my airlines to accomodate the Revelations on my plane I would have checked those in with me instead of the Timepieces...Not that I have anything to complain about the Timepieces (except the finish maybe). They certainly sound absolutely "grown up" than any speaker of their size have the right to...

If you haven't, you've got to hear the Timepieces driven by two pairs of the NuForce  ...
Bica...When you get some time on those SP Tech's, please post what you hear....thanks, and enjoy !!! :D
    Chris[/list:u]

Bica

• http://www.bica.com.tw
Combined finishes ?
« Reply #24 on: 10 Feb 2006, 08:43 am »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
Bica...When you get some time on those SP Tech's, please post what you hear....thanks, and enjoy !!! :D

Will gladly do, Chris. Next step is to find a pair of good stands for them. Bob mentioned that the height of the Golden Ratio stand, at 25", was arrived at under the assumption that the ceiling is 8' high. Listening rooms here tend to have a ceiling around 10' from the floor. I am undecided whether I should go with 25" or a taller stand. Fortunately the Timepieces aren't MTM, therefore vertical coverage is a bit wider, meaning more flexibility.

We heard them briefly at NuForce's office, on a pair of very short stands. As Jason said in another thread, the modest-sized Timepieces went so low and with such authority that the walls and ceiling couldn't take it. It was kind of funny hearing the walls and ceiling dance along with the music... (and no, not all recordings have that kind of bad bass) :lol:

lonewolfny42

Combined finishes ?
« Reply #25 on: 10 Feb 2006, 08:54 am »
Bica....24 inch stands work well with the TP's. Their not "small" speakers...most that have not seen them think they are. They weigh 65 lbs., and project a wide soundstage....nice !!! Experiment, and have fun....you made a wise choice. And don't be afraid to turn them up... 8) ( I love that part.... :rock: ).

Karsten

Combined finishes ?
« Reply #26 on: 10 Feb 2006, 10:40 am »
Quote from: Bica
Thanks Karsten. I see that we do have something common in the products we carry, we can compare notes  :wave:  . I am working on bringing the Revelation into my country ASAP.  Would definitely go with the piano finish.

Bob, I'll email you some of my thoughts on misc. topics.

Hi Bica,

Yes I think we share most the same preferences in sound. You are defenitely on the right track with the Modwright/NuForce combo, I know this works :) Just remember that everything matters when using these speakers so cables etc. will make a lot bigger difference than you are used to. So it is time to experiment a bit :) I'll be glad to hear your findings and share my experiences.

Brg,
Karsten

kyyuan

Combined finishes ?
« Reply #27 on: 10 Feb 2006, 02:35 pm »
Quote from: brj
Thanks for the input, Karsten.  Want to send me a pair of 2.5s from Denmark for an in-home trial?   :mrgreen:

Ken, if you demo a pair, you'd better expect me to show up!  I've been bugging Bob every few months to see if a pair of SP Techs had made it to the Dallas/Fort Worth area! :lol:

Then, consider this as an invitation for a little demo within the next few weeks. :mrgreen:

brj

Combined finishes ?
« Reply #28 on: 10 Feb 2006, 05:01 pm »

Then, consider this as an invitation for a little demo within the next few weeks. :mrgreen:

:hyper:

Which model are you expecting?

kyyuan

Combined finishes ?
« Reply #29 on: 10 Feb 2006, 11:31 pm »

Which model are you expecting?

Timepiece 2.1  -- this is the most convenient (ok least costly) model to ship.

twellmann

Combined finishes ?
« Reply #30 on: 14 Feb 2006, 03:41 pm »
http://www.4sptech.com/version2/images/back_panel.jpg

where's the picture at  :?:  Bob  :nono:  :D

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
Combined finishes ?
« Reply #31 on: 16 Feb 2006, 02:40 am »
twellmann,

Did you check out Karsten's picture on page one of this thread?  It's MUCH better.  Sorry, that's all we have right now.  By the way, I took your hint and deleted the old one. :wink:

-Bob

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Combined finishes ?
« Reply #32 on: 16 Feb 2006, 02:44 am »
Want more pictures. Here ya go.

http://www.responseaudio.com/SP%20Tech.htm

lonewolfny42

Combined finishes ?
« Reply #33 on: 16 Feb 2006, 05:13 am »
Quote from: twellmann

where's the picture at  :?:  Bob  :nono:  :D
I think he wants a picture of the back of the speaker....(back panel).  :?

twellmann

Combined finishes ?
« Reply #34 on: 16 Feb 2006, 11:36 am »
twellmann wrote:

where's the picture at  Bob  
I think he wants a picture of the back of the speaker....(back panel).

exactly, sorry for the confusion.. :oops:

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
Combined finishes ?
« Reply #35 on: 3 Mar 2006, 06:08 am »
twellmann,

Here you go.  Sorry it took so long.  All the models look the same except that the model name is different (duh).  Well, that's assuming the standard binding posts are used.  Otherwise they would be gold plated Cardas posts.  I didn't take a pic of the whole back panel as the point seems pretty moot - it's all black - nothing to see.

-Bob :D

twellmann

Combined finishes ?
« Reply #36 on: 4 Mar 2006, 02:25 pm »
thats one massive backplate :o

looks great :lol: