Not so good review in Hifi+

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Not so good review in Hifi+
« Reply #20 on: 4 Feb 2006, 06:21 am »
Uh, yeah. That's the way to do it. "It's not us, it's the other equipment in your system."

I said that at the beginning. I don't expect people to take my A Few Good Man joke too seriously. Roy is a tube guy and it is very likely that he doesn't like NuForce amp.

As far as whether to follow reviews, recently a dealer called to sign up and he summed up very well:
I have been following you guys for many months now.  Initially it was one or two reviews and they caught my attention.  I waited for more reviews and also have been monitoring the internet to read users' posting. It is the consistency of all the comments that prompted me to get onboard.

Some people have their favorite reviewer that they trust.  Many others just buy whatever that has won the top award (Editor Choice, Amp of The Year etc) as they are lazy shopper (I am guilty too as that's how I shop for my PC or projector).  Some knows exactly what they are looking for and search for a particular review that match their taste and then go kick the tires.

As a manufacturer who is very open to suggestion and never shy away from problems, we try to learn as much as possible from reviewers. Very often after we get to know the reviewer, we push for criticism.   We don't just rely on our own measurement and listening test, we have a network of golden ears that help to trash the amp.  The trashing job is getting harder and harder now  :lol: