Stand Recommendations for Essence V's

colem9

« on: 31 Jan 2006, 01:30 am »
Just curious if someone can recommend a sturdy stand for the Essence V's.  I have a 3 year old son and do not want to risk him getting hurt by knocking them over.  

Right now I have one speaker on top of my SVS PB2+/2 and the other on an end table.  One option would be to get rid of the end table, buy a Maestro, and set it on top of that.  :D

Harry P

« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan 2006, 02:27 am »
Have you thought about building your own? You probably want about 14-18" height. I'm sure ACI has some, or DIY. More than a few times I've just piled bricks :mrgreen:

Mike Dzurko

Re: Stand Recommendations for Essence V's
« Reply #2 on: 31 Jan 2006, 02:08 pm »
Quote from: colem9
Just curious if someone can recommend a sturdy stand for the Essence V's.  I have a 3 year old son and do not want to risk him getting hurt by knocking them over.  

Right now I have one speaker on top of my SVS PB2+/2 and the other on an end table.  One option would be to get rid of the end table, buy a Maestro, and set it on top of that.  :D

Our stand vendors changed their line ups and we really don't have a perfect stand in stock for the Essence Vs. I like a height around 16-20" depending on seat height. If you want a GREAT stand, I'm sure Bobby at Sound Anchors can do a fantastic set that will be perfect, but they won't be inexpensive.  Maestro? Heck yeh :)

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #3 on: 1 Feb 2006, 11:24 pm »
When I stopped at the office today Brenda showed me a pair of 16" Atlantis stands we have that are perfect for the Essence. I forgot we had them . . .  email me or contact Brenda if you're interested. They were assembled for photo but otherwise unused. $99 plus shipping for the pair.

elcaptain88

« Reply #4 on: 2 Feb 2006, 12:10 am »
Although I haven't purchased from them - I've seen a number of good reports on Skylan stands, which appear to be custom made:

www.skylanstands.com/

colem9

« Reply #5 on: 2 Feb 2006, 04:08 pm »
Thanks for all the replies.  I am currently pricing one of those Maestro stands.  :D

elcaptain88,
Those stands look great.  My biggest concern is that my 2 1/2 year old knocking them over and possibley getting hurt.  Those Essence V's are large and very heavy.  We will see what happens.