Oz_Audio

U4EA

Re: Photos of my GK1, AKSA 55, Phono Pre and TLb
« Reply #1 on: 8 May 2003, 12:18 am »
Quote from: Oz_Audio
New phots of my gear are at (last page in the gallery):

Mark :mrgreen:

Mark,

You know I am a fan.  Someday it will be mine and I will have to mimic  the "Down Under" design.

karthikn

Photos of my GK1, AKSA 55, Phono Pre and TLb
« Reply #2 on: 8 May 2003, 01:11 am »
Mark, very very nice.  I wish I had some of those layout skills.  But those pictures inspire.  Thanks.

Karthi

AKSA

« Reply #3 on: 8 May 2003, 04:10 am »
Mark,

Exquisite!!  You should be making electric violins!!

Cheers,

Hugh

bluesky

« Reply #4 on: 8 May 2003, 05:10 am »
OzAudio

Many thanks for posting your pictures, they will be invaluable for my final wiring which I hope to do soon.

But tell me, did you bring much previous experience with you prior to building your Aksa's.  It seems very professional work and I am trying to work out all the switching and wiring you have done, especially to the Aksa 55's which is what I am building. :)

Cheers,

Ian
Brisbane

stvnharr

« Reply #5 on: 8 May 2003, 06:47 am »
Fabulous photos and a great assist to all of us.  The wood cabinets are wonderfully done, and if there are no great heat issues, all should be well.
Great work!  An inspiration to us all. :D

SamL

« Reply #6 on: 8 May 2003, 11:15 pm »
Looks great.  I wish I have the build consistance like you.
I just realise that your wood case are seal at the top with open base - never though of that myself.

A few questions. Are the RCA screw onto the wood or they are on a matel plate? The rear view is quite dark.
Is your RCA the type that screw from the front? If so, where did you get them in OZ? What connection is that on the back of GK1 right on top of the AKSA label?

Cheers,
Sam

Oz_Audio

« Reply #7 on: 9 May 2003, 12:12 am »
Thanks guys.

The wiring for the 55 is as Hugh suggests, nothing special.

No heat issues with the 55, I did have a heat issue with the GK1, if you look closely, you will be able to see a crack (filled with putty) between the tubes.  When I first built it, I did not have feet on the bottom, so there was no ventilation.  Since I put feet on it, no heat issues at all.

All RCA's are mounted into the wood.  They have rear screws and they are cut outs to make them fit.

The cable on top of the AKSA lable at the rear of the GK1 is the power for the Phono pre.  Internally taken from the GK1 PCB, its the grey cable shown on the internal photo.

I cheated with the tops of the GK1 and 55, they are kitchen bench tops, pre laminated, I just cut them to size.

Mark

SamL

« Reply #8 on: 16 May 2003, 05:12 am »
Hi Mark,

I saw the way you solder the inductor coil on the top of pcb. Well, what I like to find out is the way you solder it mean one end is hanging on free air. Is the inductor coil move a lot or it is rock solid? I like the idea as it mean I only need very short speaker cable but not sure if one solder point is secure enough.

Sam

Oz_Audio

« Reply #9 on: 16 May 2003, 05:29 am »
Sam, if you are referring to the inductor coil on the speaker output from the PCB, it has a quick dissconnect attaching it to the PCB (car typr connector) and the other end is soldered to the speaker cable which is attached to the RCA.  All positive current passes through it.

Mark