LIVE! From Las Vegas . . .

Mike Dzurko

« on: 9 Jan 2006, 02:24 pm »
A GREAT Show! Once again, the XLs really rocked powered by Primaluna and feed by DH Labs cables. As I sit here waiting to fly out of Vegas, my mind is racing . . .

When I return home tonight I hope to upload some pics to our website and will post a link here. Lots to talk about for sure . . .

Happy Monday to all!

A HUGE thank you to Greg Hovspian and Terry Rosen of DH Labs for a superb job of system setup and the wonderful DH Labs line of cables.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2006, 03:05 am »
What a GREAT show!

Just home , , , , here's a start, more as time allows . . .

http://www.audioc.com/aboutaci1/ces06/ces06.htm

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2006, 02:05 pm »
More pictures will be added tonight . . . . including the first sneek preview of the Force XL . . .

Franko

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2006, 09:12 pm »
Mike

I had the opporutnity to hear your setup on Friday, wish I could have met you but understand that you didn't arrive until later. Your room was one of the "gems" of the show. The imaging, body, tonality were all first rate. I was stunned at the quality and quantity of bass from the Sapphires! The musical reproduction of your room was head and shoulders above many systems that were proably 5-10 times as much cash.  I've owned ACI in the past and very much enjoyed. Hearing your setup at the show has actually made me start thinking of your Sapphires as my next audio acquisition. Congratulations!

ajayrav

CES details
« Reply #4 on: 10 Jan 2006, 10:40 pm »
Mike, you must be exhausted, but my curiosity desperately needs to be sated!  What exactly was the equiment set-up in your room?  What were your demo discs?  And THEN what about all the NEW stuff!  C'mon, spill yer guts....We're waiting with bated breath.......

Ajay

Evan

« Reply #5 on: 11 Jan 2006, 03:18 am »
Mike,

Any reason why you have the tweeters angled out in those pics?  I have heard they image better with the tweeters in, but you are the designer so I figure you know something that others may not.  Any method behind your madness?

Anonymous

Re: CES details
« Reply #6 on: 11 Jan 2006, 03:33 am »
Quote from: ajayrav
Mike, you must be exhausted, but my curiosity desperately needs to be sated!  What exactly was the equiment set-up in your room?  What were your demo discs?  And THEN what about all the NEW stuff!  C'mon, spill yer guts....We're waiting with bated breath.......

Ajay

AjayL

More pictures just posted . . .  the equipment was:
SuperTjoeb 4000 CD
Primaluna 2 Integrated amp
All DH Labs cables from source to amp, to speakers (of course)

Sapphire XLs on SCS stands

Discs? 100s of the good stuff :)

The new stuff? Keep checking the link, and yes, we will be uploading details as soon as possible. Thanks for asking!

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #7 on: 11 Jan 2006, 03:37 am »
Yes I am exhausted and too wiped to remember to log on. Yes, the last post was mine from new laptop . ..  thanks and Happy Evening!

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #8 on: 11 Jan 2006, 12:49 pm »
Quote from: Evan
Mike,

Any reason why you have the tweeters angled out in those pics?  I have heard they image better with the tweeters in, but you are the designer so I figure you know something that others may not.  Any method behind your madness?

Evan:

From the Sapphire XL manual:

" Best stereo imaging and smoothest response is usually attained with the speakers placed so the tweeters are mounted to the outside."

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #9 on: 11 Jan 2006, 06:09 pm »
Quote from: Franko
Mike

I had the opporutnity to hear your setup on Friday, wish I could have met you but understand that you didn't arrive until later. Your room was one of the "gems" of the show. The imaging, body, tonality were all first rate. I was stunned at the quality and quantity of bass from the Sapphires! The musical reproduction of your room was head and shoulders above many systems that were proably 5-10 times as much cash.  I've owned ACI in the past and very much enjoyed. Hearing your setup at the show has ac ...

Franko:

Thank you! Sorry I wasn't there to meet you . . .

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #10 on: 19 Jan 2006, 02:50 pm »
From Dave and Carol Clark's Positive Feedback show report:

"In the DH Labs Silversonic room was a Prima Luna Prologue two mated with the Audio Concepts (ACI) Sapphire XL loudspeakers ($1600 a pair), and the AH Tjoeb CD player. This room made way more musical sound than it had any right to, considering the size and cost of the system (well under $5k). Very, very cool stuff and a must hear for anyone short on cash, yet big on needs."

Here's the page:
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue23/ces06dc3.htm

Interesting to note the many pictures, and the very few comments :)

rockadanny

What are those?
« Reply #11 on: 20 Jan 2006, 01:02 pm »
Looking at the ACI pictures from the CES 2006 show - the 4th picture - the one with a view of the back of the couch,  looking at the XLs system. On the right wall there is a tall narrow light-colored wood object. Is that some kind of room treatment?

Mike Dzurko

Re: What are those?
« Reply #12 on: 21 Jan 2006, 09:52 pm »
Quote from: rockadanny
Looking at the ACI pictures from the CES 2006 show - the 4th picture - the one with a view of the back of the couch,  looking at the XLs system. On the right wall there is a tall narrow light-colored wood object. Is that some kind of room treatment?

Please don't get me started on those things   :flame:   :lol: