Sapphire XL Finishes

Mike Dzurko

Sapphire XL Finishes
« on: 2 Jan 2006, 03:44 pm »
We have decided that we will stock three finish choices for the Sapphire XLs:

Satin Black
Inlaid, Stained Cherry
Piano Black

Our research indicates that these three choices will satisfy the most people. For those who want something different, we have a handful of Pearl White, Mahogany, Stained Cherry (my avatar), and Rosewood in stock. We MAY eventually order other selections in limited quantities, but our goal is to try to build stock of the three main finishes.

If you want one of these non-stock finishes, I'd suggest ordering ASAP to avoid disappointment.

Finish options can be seen here.

http://www.audioc.com/products1/xlfinishes.htm

Evan

Sapphire XL Finishes
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jan 2006, 10:14 pm »
Phew!

Good thing I ordered my pair in Maple when I did!  I would hate to have had to settle on another finish when my Essence, Maestro, and two sets of Emeralds are all in Maple.

Doesn't look like you are going to offer the Pearl White either which is a shame because in some reviews I've seen, I think that's a damn attractive finish and was my second choice after Maple.

Dare I say "Collectors Item"?   :D

Thanks for the heads up Mike

Mike Dzurko

Sapphire XL Finishes
« Reply #2 on: 3 Jan 2006, 07:50 pm »
Quote from: Evan
Phew!

Good thing I ordered my pair in Maple when I did!  I would hate to have had to settle on another finish when my Essence, Maestro, and two sets of Emeralds are all in Maple.

Doesn't look like you are going to offer the Pearl White either which is a shame because in some reviews I've seen, I think that's a damn attractive finish and was my second choice after Maple.

Dare I say "Collectors Item"?   :D

Thanks for the heads up Mike

Evan:

Yes, we've just raised the price of the remaining Pearl White XLs to  $2500 pr . . .   :wink:

The Pearl White is very cool, pictures do not do it justice. . .  

When your order came in we thought we were out of Maple . . . . we were going to get the factory to build a pair as a special order, but that would have been at least two months, more like three months out. I was glad that we had that additional pair in stock for you :)

Tayler

Sapphire XL Finishes
« Reply #3 on: 4 Jan 2006, 05:42 pm »
The XLs are beautiful! Are the pearl white and gloss black automotive type finishes similar to what Wilson does?

Anonymous

Sapphire XL Finishes
« Reply #4 on: 4 Jan 2006, 07:57 pm »
Quote from: Tayler
The XLs are beautiful! Are the pearl white and gloss black automotive type finishes similar to what Wilson does?

Tayler:

Thanks, everyone who's seen them in person comments they look even better than you'd think. Yep, automotive clear coat paint finish just like the ones you mention . . . they are gorgeous!

Mike Dzurko

Sapphire XL Finishes
« Reply #5 on: 5 Jan 2006, 01:29 am »
Quote from: Anonymous

Tayler:

Thanks, everyone who's seen them in person comments they look even better than you'd think. Yep, automotive clear coat paint finish just like the ones you mention . . . they are gorgeous!

Chalk it up to the new laptop. I forgot that I needed to sign in. Kind of interesting being a guest in my home . . . .I think I should help do the dishes  :mrgreen:

Tayler

Sapphire XL Finishes
« Reply #6 on: 5 Jan 2006, 07:58 pm »
Would you consider doing other automotive finishes in the future? What about matching subwoofers?

Mike Dzurko

Sapphire XL Finishes
« Reply #7 on: 6 Jan 2006, 05:33 pm »
Would you consider doing other automotive finishes in the future? What about matching subwoofers?

Is it possible . . . yes, but only in fairly rare circumstances. Our lead time on cabinets is around three months from placing the P.O. to deliver at our door. That is for a quantity order. The factory will do unique finishes, but generally they want to do at least 20 cabs of a given finish. I am discussing with them what premium price would convince them to build a single sub or single pair. I think they'll go for it, and we could then offer special finishes . . . BUT, and its a big BUT, you're looking at a realistic 4-6 month lead time depending where we are in the cycle. This might be too long to be practical for most people.

Another possibility is to occasionally come up with a special finish, place an order and take pre-orders until sold out.