Sapphire 25 year version vs. XL

Anonymous

« on: 27 Dec 2005, 09:32 pm »
I'd love to hear fromk anyone who has heard both. I'm tempted to grab a pair of B-stock 25 year versions at quite a savings. However, if the new ones are really significantly better maybe I should save up a bit? Your ideas are welcome!

evans

« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2005, 03:31 am »
I might be able to help you sometime shortly.  I have had a pair of 25th anniversary Sapphires for about three years now and have just ordered a pair of XL's.  They should be here in about a month, so I might be able to give you a A/B down the road.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #2 on: 28 Dec 2005, 06:24 pm »
Here's a thread a few pages back that has some great info for your question:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=19458

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #3 on: 29 Dec 2005, 09:14 pm »
Quote from: evans
I might be able to help you sometime shortly.  I have had a pair of 25th anniversary Sapphires for about three years now and have just ordered a pair of XL's.  They should be here in about a month, so I might be able to give you a A/B down the road.

Evans:

Good news . . . I just heard we should be able to get your XLs out to you significantly sooner than a month. I look forward to your impressions :)

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: 30 Dec 2005, 01:25 am »
Thanks evans and Mike. As good a deal as the 25th B-stock is, I'm leaning towards the XLs. Evans, please do post your results, I think many will be looking forward to it. I really like the look of the XLs and I've yet to hear a negative.

Evan

« Reply #5 on: 31 Dec 2005, 08:13 pm »
Mike,

I was going to sell my 25th's to clear some cash for the XL's but now I'm having second thoughts.  I think I might keep them to start up a second system.  They have certainly treated me well these past three years or so and I am looking forward to doing an A/B comparison when you send out my Maple XL's in a week or so.  Thanks for the quick turn around time, but I was in no rush...the 25th's are chugging along just fine.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #6 on: 2 Jan 2006, 02:45 pm »
Quote from: Evan
Mike,

I was going to sell my 25th's to clear some cash for the XL's but now I'm having second thoughts.  I think I might keep them to start up a second system.  They have certainly treated me well these past three years or so and I am looking forward to doing an A/B comparison when you send out my Maple XL's in a week or so.  Thanks for the quick turn around time, but I was in no rush...the 25th's are chugging along just fine.

Evan:

It will be good to hear your comments when the XLs arrive. If you're going to start a second system, it sure makes perfect sense to hang on to your 25th Anniversary Sapphires.