To our neighbors here at the North Texas Audio Jam

Scott F.

« on: 24 Dec 2005, 04:43 pm »
Merry Christmas from the GAS crowd  :xmas:

BTW, if any of you live in the Fort Worth area (or points south), stop in to the First United Methodist Church of Joshua and pay my brother Billy a visit. He's the preacher there :mrgreen:

http://www.epulpit.net/

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Dec 2005, 02:20 am »
Season's greetings guy's...have a very Merry X'mas !! :beer:
    And...in case your up late watching for Santa, here's a site to check....
DFW Airport's SantaTracker......(wow !!! you've got your very own tracker.... 8) )[/list:u]
    Chris[/list:u]

texasphile

Merry Christmas fellow Texans!
« Reply #2 on: 25 Dec 2005, 03:12 am »
Hello and Merry Christmas to all, especially the DFW folks!  Happy Chanukkah to our Jewish friends as well.

Cheers,

Chris

Hoots

« Reply #3 on: 25 Dec 2005, 03:31 am »
Merry Christmas from Flower Mound.

Mad DOg

« Reply #4 on: 25 Dec 2005, 06:28 am »
Happy Holidays to all!!! :xmas:

Captain Humble

« Reply #5 on: 25 Dec 2005, 09:10 pm »
Happy Holidays All,
Sorry I have yet to make or host a JAM.
This year has been extremely hectic and I've been out of town for most of the JAMs.

I've put off hosting due to the fact that for the last couple of years my system has been in a state of perpetual transistion.

Fortunately I've now found the  :lol:  "Holy Grail" :lol: and as soon as the rest of the pieces I've ordered arrive and I figure out how to hook them up I look forward to hosting a JAM in Carrollton.  I'm about 22 miles North of downtown Dallas.

Happy Holidays and I look forward to getting to know you guys.

Jeff

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #6 on: 26 Dec 2005, 03:47 am »
Quote from: Captain Humble

Fortunately I've now found the  :lol:  "Holy Grail" :lol: and as soon as the rest of the pieces I've ordered arrive and I figure out how to hook them up I look forward to hosting a JAM in Carrollton.
    Jeff....you've found the Holy Grail ??? I can't believe it :o ....did these guys help you...[/list:u]
    [/list:u]
      .... :jester: ...Since I know Jeff...I know what he's getting...should be a really nice Jam at his place... :wink: [/list:u]
        Chris[/list:u]

brj

« Reply #7 on: 27 Dec 2005, 04:14 am »
    Happy holidays all!  My computer access has been a bit spotty over the past few days with travel and festivities and such, but I hope everyone - locals, out-of-town well-wishers, and the entire AC family - enjoys the season and new year in health and happiness!

Captain, no worries about the delayed jam at your place.  It sounds like you have been covering a lot of audio ground lately, so I'll be curious to see your new "holy grail" configuration!  Sounds like Art is going to be able to show off some significant changes as well next year...

Personally, I'm at my brother's place at the moment where we have spent some time swapping different ICs and speaker cables (including Gregg Straley's) in and out of his system.  I'm becoming completely dismayed at just how much effect good cables can have on a resolving system... I think that my own "holy grail" system is going to cost me more than I anticipated (again!)! :(

Best wishes to everyone in 2006!

Edit: By the way, I've really come to enjoy the "American Beauty" score that was recommended in the "BASSBASSBASS" thread.  I've been using it for testing, and it is very enjoyable in its own right, and a great demo disk for bass and imaging.

Captain Humble

« Reply #8 on: 27 Dec 2005, 05:54 am »
    Personally, I'm at my brother's place at the moment where we have spent some time swapping different ICs and speaker cables (including Gregg Straley's) in and out of his system. I'm becoming completely dismayed at just how much effect good cables can have on a resolving system... I think that my own "holy grail" system is going to cost me more than I anticipated (again!)!  
    I know that audioslave and I heard a serious difference when we swapped out Groneburg IC's for Silver IC's between my CDP and preamp.  Damn, now you've got me worring about cables again.

brj, when you get back let's chat about using a computer as a source.
    You had mentioned you were heading that way and now I am as well.
    One of my wife's presents to me was a box with the internet receipt for a squeeze box 3.  Should be here anytime.  Then off to Vinnie.

Also waiting for Gary Dodd to build me a new preamp.

Give me a shout when you get back in town.

Jeff....you've found the Holy Grail ??? I can't believe it  ....did these guys help you...
    I love the killer rabbit and the knight with no arms or legs that wants to continue fighting.  I love those guys and would follow them anywhere. :lol:

Jeff

brj

« Reply #9 on: 3 Jan 2006, 06:00 am »
    I know that audioslave and I heard a serious difference when we swapped out Groneburg IC's for Silver IC's between my CDP and preamp.  Damn, now you've got me worring about cables again.

:lol:

Sorry about that!  My brother had the same reaction! :)

brj, when you get back let's chat about using a computer as a source.
    You had mentioned you were heading that way and now I am as well.

Yep, I still plan to go that route.  I'll be watching the CES and Macworld Expo announcements with interest.  It sounds like there will be quite a few PC audio related announcements.

One of my wife's presents to me was a box with the internet receipt for a squeeze box 3.  Should be here anytime.  Then off to Vinnie.

Very nice!!  Let us know how it sounds, hopefully both before and after the mods!

Also waiting for Gary Dodd to build me a new preamp.

Lots of changes in the wind!  Toss in one of Danny's new DAC offerings and you'll have hit everything! :)

Is the preamp going to be one of Gary's existing designs (low/mid/high) or the new design he has in work?

Give me a shout when you get back in town.

I'm back - shoot me a PM and let me know how the upgrades are going!