a clicking sound from ref 8 amps!!

mmm

« on: 7 Dec 2005, 10:12 am »
I thought it only exist in one of my amp that omits a low level noise from my speaker, but both amps have this low level clicking sound from the amps themselves!!!... glue your ears to your amps.... you will hear it if your hearing works as good as mine... :lol: (Do this late at night if you can't hear it..)

couldn't pull the amps alway to send them back... I love them still..very much so actually..making a new speaker again. 96 db this time!!..  with new connectors/soundcard etc....need to breakin..

Schurter IEC(dc12.5102.001) with built in EMI filter makes the Dc in my amps lower by 15% if my radioshack meter works as advertised... this Schurter IEC socket/EMI filter has a switch and a metal housing that connects ground to the chassis immediately!..

but you will need to enlarge the hole for IEC a bit.... painful process...

I absolutely have no doubts that I don't know what I am doing... so ask Nuforce to tweak your amps as suggested by jason.....

happy happy Living
MMM good..

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #1 on: 8 Dec 2005, 03:34 am »
We have experienced this before, and in a particular situation, the clicking sound is gone when a PC in a different room got turned off.  This is extremely low level clicking noise, like you said, put your ear next to the amp chassis to be able to hear it.