EAC, FLAC and tags

neilr11

EAC, FLAC and tags
« on: 30 Nov 2005, 04:19 pm »
I just started using EAC and FLAC to rip my CDs. When I send the file to WMP, it shows that the artist is unknown when I set up a file or playlist. I want to make sure all the album, song, artist, etc shows since I'm going to order SB3. Does anybody know how to put the right tag line on the EAC/FLAC combo so it dispalys all the info?

Thanks in advance for your help

jakepunk

EAC, FLAC and tags
« Reply #1 on: 1 Dec 2005, 02:56 am »
Try running 'metaflac --list somefile.flac'.  It should show all the tags in the output.  If the tags are present, then it's WMP's fault.  If the tags aren't there, you need to tell EAC to put them there in the external compression tab.

Jon L

Re: EAC, FLAC and tags
« Reply #2 on: 1 Dec 2005, 03:58 am »
Quote from: neilr11
I just started using EAC and FLAC to rip my CDs. When I send the file to WMP, it shows that the artist is unknown when I set up a file or playlist. I want to make sure all the album, song, artist, etc shows since I'm going to order SB3. Does anybody know how to put the right tag line on the EAC/FLAC combo so it dispalys all the info?

When you first put your CD into CDR drive and open EAC, you ARE using EAC's tagger using freedb.org to tag the songs BEFORE you rip the album, right?

Marbles

Re: EAC, FLAC and tags
« Reply #3 on: 1 Dec 2005, 04:06 am »
Quote from: Jon L
Quote from: neilr11

When you first put your CD into CDR drive and open EAC, you ARE using EAC's tagger using freedb.org to tag the songs BEFORE you rip the album, right?

I'm pretty sure I'm not doing this.

How is this done?

Thanks

neilr11

EAC, FLAC and tags
« Reply #4 on: 1 Dec 2005, 04:43 am »
Thanks for the responses. I believe I am using the tag. I used the tutorial that Jakepunk provided and I'm now getting the tags.  Now my problem is that EAC is individualy doing each track, not as a continual CD naming the first song with just a number. Any suggestions on how to play this as a continual CD and not have the first song as a number? I have a SB on order, Will the SB group it as a full CD and play it all the way through?

Just downloaded foobar and winamp also, WMP is probably going to be replaced.

Thanks for putting up with my newbie questions and problems.