A picture of the Ridge Street Sason speaker

Marbles

« on: 29 Nov 2005, 02:59 am »

drphoto

« Reply #1 on: 29 Nov 2005, 04:23 am »
This past Saturday, Steve came down to River City (Louisville) for a photo shoot. Here's a few pix of the proceedings. Nancy took the production stills. I took the speaker pix.

That's Steve....polishing away.

That's me....waiting for Steve to stop polishing.....(hard to see it, but that's a Canon 1Ds camera, and for you computer geeks....Sony Artisan monitor, Radius Pressview and Mac G5 dual 2ghz w/3gig RAM and WD Raptor scratch drive, thru Sonnet host card and 256MB video RAM)

"I think I need to polish that spot a bit more"

Here's the beige granite version...

and the black.

I'll have more pix later, as I work them up.

JoshK

« Reply #2 on: 29 Nov 2005, 04:31 am »
Pretty sharp monitors!  The geometry looks quite a bit like Avalon Acoustics styling, and that is not a bad thing.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #3 on: 29 Nov 2005, 04:34 am »
Your picture's look excellent drphoto...nice work !!! :thumb:

Marbles

« Reply #4 on: 29 Nov 2005, 04:42 am »
I have to say, the Sason speakers image better than any other speaker I've ever heard.

Having "grown up with" nOrh speakers, that's saying quite a bit.......

As mentioned, if Steve gets a bass module, I think these will be the speakers to beat in the full range catagory.  Under those circumstances, I don't know what could beat them....

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #5 on: 29 Nov 2005, 04:49 am »
Quote from: Marbles

As mentioned, if Steve gets a bass module, I think these will be the speakers to beat in the full range catagory.  Under those circumstances, I don't know what could beat them....
Better than the HT3's ? :bounce:
    (I guess time and another listen will tell...)[/list:u]

Marbles

« Reply #6 on: 29 Nov 2005, 04:55 am »
If he get's a bass module that interfaces seamlessly...then yes, better than my HT3's.

If you have a sub(s) and an electronic Xo, that might be good enough.

You have to hear these speakers to get the 3D effect that they provide...it is really stunning.

These are special...I don't say that about every speaker I hear...and even less about speakers I don't own......yet......

drphoto

« Reply #7 on: 29 Nov 2005, 05:13 am »
lonewolf...thanks for the compliment. These are the quickie versions. I'll post the real shot at some point.....

Shamu (aka Stinky).... was pissed she didn't get in on the action, so I snapped this pic. There was a moment were she was sitting in front of Steve's speakers ala the "RCA dog", but I had a beer in my hand instead of a camera!   :D

That's the Merlin TSM-M w/ the Reality Cable. Stinky is sitting on the Mirage BPS-150i, which Steve thought wasn't half bad.

And yes, even pro photographers take crappy snaps w. pointnshoot cameras.

Robert C. Schult

« Reply #8 on: 29 Nov 2005, 06:20 am »
I learned the art of polishing from the Master, Robert Schult. Once you learn the ancient trade, as He Who Polishes will attest, anything with subtle hints of shine shall become a canvas of masterful expression...

Thanks for a wonderful visit, Doc! Jonette and I appreciated yer hahspt'alty and the fine selection of restaurents around Loovul. My God, you people know your wine down there! So much charm in the old brick homes and iron fence-lined sidewalks.

It was interesting to watch you ply your trade and your photo equipment is pretty dazzling...I keep showing off my little Panasonic DMC-Z3 like I'm gonna get a better reaction each time.  :| If anyone needs help to show off their products at their best, get Joe's attention! Fine work, Joe.

About some subs: They are in the works. A stereo pair will serve as stands for the Sasons and reach powerfully to 20 Hz. The Sasons will benefit as closed-box loudspeakers running full range to integrate seemlessly with the subs as a true wide band system. We have been getting requests from users of large rooms and those that need the bass power that movies and DVD concerts offer.

Steve Rothermel

wje

« Reply #9 on: 2 Dec 2005, 03:42 am »
I learned the art of polishing from the Master, Robert Schult. Once you learn the ancient trade, as He Who Polishes will attest, anything with subtle hints of shine shall become a canvas of masterful expression...

Wax on.  Wax off.  :!:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 2 Dec 2005, 03:59 am »
Are they pretty spendy?  I've not heard of them before.  Got a link?

Robert C. Schult

Sason Ltd Link
« Reply #11 on: 3 Dec 2005, 05:20 am »
Are they pretty spendy? I've not heard of them before. Got a link?

Here's some information I hope you find useful:
http://home.comcast.net/~rothakoustic/Index_Sason/SasonLtd2005.htm

kfr01

Look great ... skeptical about sales potential
« Reply #12 on: 3 Dec 2005, 05:54 am »
Both the exterior and the specs look very nice.  Very pricey for a 2-way monitor from an unknown company.  Good to see new audio companies making a go at it though.   :)   I hope to hear them some day.

Marbles

Re: Look great ... skeptical about sales potential
« Reply #13 on: 3 Dec 2005, 02:41 pm »
Quote from: kfr01
Both the exterior and the specs look very nice.  Very pricey for a 2-way monitor from an unknown company.  Good to see new audio companies making a go at it though.   :)   I hope to hear them some day.

Unknown to whom????  NEW???

I've been using RSA's speaker cable for a few years and his tonearm cable for more than a year and have been delighted.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=75

http://db.audioasylum.com/cgi/search.mpl?searchtext=Ridge+Street&b=AND&topic=&topics_only=N&author=&date1=&date2=&slowmessage=&sort=date&sortOrder=DESC&forum=ALL

F-100

« Reply #14 on: 3 Dec 2005, 04:32 pm »
very nice speaker indeed but will be tough to compete with others because of high price tag.

maxwalrath

« Reply #15 on: 3 Dec 2005, 04:38 pm »
140 lbs each  :o .....awesome.

kfr01

Re: Look great ... skeptical about sales potential
« Reply #16 on: 3 Dec 2005, 05:17 pm »
Quote from: Marbles
Quote from: kfr01

Unknown to whom????  NEW???

I've been using RSA's speaker cable for a few years and his tonearm cable for more than a year and have been delighted.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=75

http://db.audioasylum.com/cgi/search.mpl?searchtext=Ridge+Street&b=AND&topic=&topics_only=N&author=&date1=&date2=&slowmessage=&sort=date&sortOrder=DESC&forum=ALL

Let's see.  Unknown to most audio people.  Relatively new.  Shoot, he only started doing RSA full time a few years ago.  This appears to be the first speaker.

It was a harmless, broad, and honest observation:  Expensive 2-way monitor for a -relatively- unknown and -relatively- new company; especially to the speaker market.

Quibble if you'd like, I was making an observation and had never heard of them myself.

Don't get me wrong, it looks great and already has some smashing reviews.  I'm sure it sounds awesome as it is using top notch parts, construction, and apparently design.  Ultra high end just seems like a tough market to jump into for a company's first foray into speaker building.  I wish them the best of luck and hope they continue to release what appears to be top-notch products.  I hope to hear the speaker some day.

I'm not trying to offend the guy or you, Marbles; just making a simple observation.   :D  :)  :)

Robert C. Schult

« Reply #17 on: 3 Dec 2005, 06:23 pm »
Hey - fair observations!

We are relatively new but that shouldn't be an issue since it's all about product and service. Just need to do the usual research and comparisons and listen. I am quite certain, with regard to the Sason Ltd, no one will compete at this price at this level of performance. Selling direct undercuts those with two-ways priced at up to four times the price. And they still miss critical details.

The word is getting out. 8)

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #18 on: 3 Dec 2005, 09:42 pm »
This isn't directed specifically to RSA or anything, but I can understand why one would be concerned buying something that expensive from a "new" company.  Even an established company can fold, but it's even riskier with a new business.  If you pay $5-7000 for speakers and the company goes under, will service be available?  What does the failure of the business do for the resale value?

Still, sounds like the speakers have a lot going for them.  They're really attractive, too.

Marbles

« Reply #19 on: 13 Dec 2005, 06:06 pm »
I have just worked out a demo period for the Sason's.

The 3D imaging has haunted me since listening to them at Ridge Streets World Headquarters.  The listening session at my house reinforced that.

Hopefully I will have them about the first of the year.

Because they are so heavy, they will have to be hand delivered and set up.

If they need to be picked up, I will be paying a fee for Steve's time and trouble.

This just months after getting my Salk HT3's.  That's how good they are.

Not quite full range at f-3 of 38hz, but still steller.

The 3D imaging/layering is something I have been after for years.  It really is holographic...