x BOX 360 with an E-74 code

Ears

« on: 27 Nov 2005, 04:14 pm »
My 13 year old son waited in line for 7.5-8 hours.....only to have his 360 go belly up with an E-74 code= crapped out hardware after about 6 hours of game play.

M/S is sending a box with no time frame and were supposed to send it back for possible repair....or eventual possible replacement. :lol:

If you get one of these....I highly reccomend the 2 year extended warranty for when the 90 day M/S warranty runs out.

Bwanagreg

« Reply #1 on: 27 Nov 2005, 04:50 pm »
Leave it to MS to develop a gaming platform as unreliable as its' operating system  :evil:

Woodsea

« Reply #2 on: 28 Nov 2005, 03:52 am »
Yep, I hate to say it, but M$ has done the most illogical thing.  It seems there are a rash of problems with the 360.  One like your son's as well as overheating problems.  The power supply overheats, a quick tweak is just elevating it off the floor so air can cool the bottom.
If I were you, I would just return it.  Flat out.  Then wait and see if the next batch is without problems.
I guess I am lucky that I am not in the states.  Now I feel a little bit better about having to wait.

Ears

« Reply #3 on: 28 Nov 2005, 04:25 am »
We will return it to the store it was bought at ....if they get them in before M/S sends us there required shipping box for a return there..

I have read that there is  about a 10% failure/problems rate with the 360 on the net....but remember that mostly people with complaints would post...while the others are too busy enjoying there new toy.

In reality....it could be only 1-2% which would be normal for a newly released product imo.

I bought my son an original xbox on opening day of its release and have yet to have a single problem with it....and this includes him using it as a dvd player for his bedroom monitor tv also.
I do agree that these 360's don't seem to have enough cooling for all the hardware there packing into this small space though.

Ears

« Reply #4 on: 6 Dec 2005, 05:10 am »
Returned the 360 last thursaday shipped overnight via DHL....and recieved a replacement today.
Now thats a quick turn around and less time than it would have taken to send a letter one way.

Kudos to M/S for taking care of this very quickly.

Woodsea

« Reply #5 on: 30 Dec 2005, 04:45 am »
Ears,
How is your new box?