New year is coming with a few new products

RAW

« on: 26 Nov 2005, 07:39 am »
With the new year coming we have been working on a few new designs for next year.
First
 HTFR
The HTFR will use a Fullrange driver sitting onto of a ported 6.8" driver tuned to 29hz.
The FR driver will run fullrange with a network to roll off the low end to the 6.8 driver.Using the same samll foot print cabinet as the HT3.

HT8
The HT8 uses a MTM with twin side firing Extremis driver.Using our small foot print of 7" in width as on the HTFR and HT3.Ported low end tuned to 27hz with the twin 6.8 drivers the sealed MTM is in a custom shape to enhance the mid range vocal depth.Leaving a very dynamic strong mid range.
Cabinet braced ever 6.5" lined with RAW ICE material on all walls.
Bases with spikes

Also in the new year we will be pleased to offer the HT series with upgraded crossover parts to the HT3 , HT8 and the Apex and Apex C.
With these changes will also come price changes effective January 1,2006 on the HT3 and the Apex to reflect the upgraded parts.
Crossover upgrade options will be available with all the kits or finished speakers using these brands.We will make the brands as well as prices known soon.

We will also have another center channel.WMTMW.
This design will use 16ohm drivers in the mid for a tighter compressed front baffle and the ribbon will sit above the MM which will have a single 6.8 on each side.Allowing for front porting or rear porting.
This center will be a match for new HT8

MaxCast

« Reply #1 on: 26 Nov 2005, 01:06 pm »
Looks real good, Al.
Have you thought of sending any of your speakers out for audition by AC memebers?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #2 on: 26 Nov 2005, 01:08 pm »
Quote from: MaxCast
Looks real good, Al.
Have you thought of sending any of your speakers out for audition by AC memebers?

I thought his HT3 is out on tour right now :?:

George

MaxCast

« Reply #3 on: 26 Nov 2005, 01:43 pm »
Hey! your right  :oops:   Thanks George.

kfr01

« Reply #4 on: 28 Nov 2005, 12:41 am »
Al:

Those are attractive looking speakers.  I'm sure 27hz tuning frequency will sound awesome with those Extremis drivers.

I do have a question for you:  what is the crossover frequency between the Extremis driver(s) and the 4.5" midrange on both the Ht3 and Ht8?

It seems to me that it would have to be fairly low to avoid creating some interesting nodes in the midbass frequencies.  In other words, my concern is that the very slim and attractive design, with the woofers to the side and spaced quite a good distance away from the midrange drivers, isn't actually an optimal one.  How does the off-axis response look?

Has Dan Wiggins been involved with the crossover design of these speakers?

klh

« Reply #5 on: 29 Nov 2005, 07:22 pm »
Al... after the new WMTMW center is built, please try it as an LCR and relay your impressions. If it doesn't work... oh well. If it does, three in a row under a FP screen would be mighty impressive.

RAW

« Reply #6 on: 30 Nov 2005, 03:07 am »
Tweeter: 4 kHz, 6th order, Q=0.5 High pass

Midrange: 200 Hz, 2nd order, Q=0.577 High pass, 4000 Hz, 6th order Q=0.5 Low pass

Woofer: 150 Hz, 2nd order, Q=0.707 Low pass

These are the point for the HT8 for crossovers.
Measurments will come in the next few weeks as we are getting all the final measurements and testing done.

Hobbes26

« Reply #7 on: 30 Nov 2005, 04:48 pm »
Looks good Al...  but speaker wire through the ports?!?   :o

Too bad I'm not going to be around for your next show 'n tell.  I'd love to hear the new stuff, and the last few times were fun.

RAW

« Reply #8 on: 30 Nov 2005, 06:24 pm »
8)
New wiring methods :lol:
Then you hot glue the crossover on the side wall for easy removal :wink:

Ya testing is all part of the process and we do not mind showing the methods.
Nothing to hide here!

Nick V

« Reply #9 on: 7 Dec 2005, 08:32 pm »
Would it be possible to build these speakers with the extremis drivers on the front baffle and just alter the dimensions of the cabinet to keep the same internal volume? or would that screw up the design of the speakers?

the sealed MTM is in a custom shape to enhance the mid range vocal depth

I'm thinking this may be a more optimal design for the woofers, but also I much prefer this look to the ultra-slim cabinets.

I suppose the look would be along the lines of the exodus 2641 only with rear-facing ports and MTM on the top.

RAW

« Reply #10 on: 7 Dec 2005, 08:40 pm »
Nick
The HT8 will be sold as is seen above for the driver layout.
We are not changing the layout and the HT8 will be only sold complete no kits for the HT8  :o

As for Similar to the 2641 kit not close the MTM over the MT is better vocal depth as well as imaging then add spl to top it off.

The smaller HTFR will use the same cabinet as the HT3 but no Ribbon just FR and Extremis and these will be offered in kit form.

We like the slim floor stander look and that is the design intent for the HTFR,HT3 and now the HT8.

Nick V

« Reply #11 on: 8 Dec 2005, 12:36 am »
Thanks for the reply. I didn't expect that you would butcher your own design, I'm sure that countless hours went into the design and development of the speakers, and they look great.

I was basically asking the question assuming there were going to be kits available, and wondering if I did have cabinets made the way I explained, would the speaker's design and sound be compromised in any way.

I guess that's moot seeing as how there are no kits, but seeing as how you guys build beautiful cabinets and my woodworking skills are suspect, I'm still very interested in those speakers.

I know we sort of discussed these designs this summer (before I dumped most of my money on a new vehicle) but do you feel that these HT 8's provide a good acoustic match with my diluceo's. I'm very interested in the 8's along with that new centre channel.

Nick V

« Reply #12 on: 12 Dec 2005, 07:21 pm »
Al,

Curious about pricing for the HT 8's. Have you guys finalized pricing info, or are you still working it out?

RAW

« Reply #13 on: 30 Dec 2005, 03:50 am »

OK OK I was going to keep them under the sheet till CES.
But here they are.

See the new topic for the HT8. :mrgreen: