Demo speakers marked down

Danny Richie

« on: 22 Nov 2005, 05:50 pm »
I have this set of Criterion's using the G-2si tweeter.

I'll take $600. for the pair.

I also have a pair of them in Maple using the G-2 tweeter.

I'll take $700. for this pair.

I also have a this pair of A/V-2's in a dark Maple.

The enclosures are not without flaws, but still look good. These have Sonicap, are lined with Blackhole 5 etc.

I'll take $550. for the pair.

I also have this pair of A/V-2's in Oak.

This pair is in great condition and also has all the available upgrade options as well. I'll take $600. for the pair. I also have a set of matching stands that I'll throw in for another $150. The stands are normally $249. a pair.

I have a single A/V-2 in Maple that can be used as a center channel (one was lost in shipping).

This one has all upgrades and is in great condition. I'll take $300. for it.

audiojerry

« Reply #1 on: 28 Nov 2005, 05:55 pm »
What is the difference between the G2 and G2si?
That Criterion was one sweet speaker

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 28 Nov 2005, 07:12 pm »
The G-2si is a lower cost to produce version. The transformer is smaller and less costly to build. Also the element is 10mm shorter on the G-2si version. This actually improves vertical off axis response. This makes it 60mm tall instead of 70mm tall. The standard G-2 has slightly higher sensitivity, so with the G-2si a slightly smaller L-pad could be used. They sound identical.

LFE

« Reply #3 on: 28 Nov 2005, 07:15 pm »
What pair has the greatest low freq responce?

Danny Richie

« Reply #4 on: 28 Nov 2005, 07:38 pm »
All of these are pretty close in regards to low end response. -3db is in the 55Hz range, but in a typical room you may get something more like mid to upper 40's.

jcoat007

« Reply #5 on: 28 Nov 2005, 08:25 pm »
I posted elsewhere that my father-in-law is looking for a true bookshelf speaker.  Something that would actually be placed on a bookshelf.  If there is the possibility of a matching center channel, that would be a plus.  

How do you think the Criterions would work on a bookshelf?

Any other suggestions?

Danny Richie

« Reply #6 on: 28 Nov 2005, 08:59 pm »

They may work just fine if you can get them about 6 to 8" out from the back wall and if they are not closed in on the sides. Otherwise you may have to play with some damping material in the ports.

audiojerry

« Reply #7 on: 28 Nov 2005, 09:05 pm »
Quote from: jcoat007
I posted elsewhere that my father-in-law is looking for a true bookshelf speaker.  Something that would actually be placed on a bookshelf.  If there is the possibility of a matching center channel, that would be a plus.  

Any other suggestions?
They are ideal bookshelf size, but they are very high-rez and too good for a bookshelf; they deserve quality stands, imho. The Criterions are on a par with ProAc Tablette or Red Rose $1500 - $2100 range.

Danny Richie

A/V-3S
« Reply #8 on: 30 Nov 2005, 05:11 pm »
Hey Jcoat007,

Another speaker to consider for your application is our A/V-3S. It was designed for just such applications.

http://www.gr-research.com/kits/av3s.htm