Tannoy Gold Monitor 15"

Richard U

Tannoy Gold Monitor 15"
« on: 19 Nov 2005, 07:05 pm »
I have a pair of mint Tannoy Monitor Gold 15's that I bought in England in 71' and have decided to sell them. The problem is I don't know what to ask for them. Checked Audiogon but no luck. Suggestions? Thanks.

Richard

JoshK

Tannoy Gold Monitor 15"
« Reply #1 on: 19 Nov 2005, 07:29 pm »
What condition are they in?  Do you know the precise drivers that are in them?   I'd know more about their value from the drivers than the speaker model number.  The dual concentric golds are quite spendy on ebay, sometimes around ~$1500 for a decent pair.  I'd check ebay auctions for similar speakers.  Vintage speakers are more often listed on ebay than audiogon, due to a larger audience of nostalgic music lovers.

Richard U

Tannoy Gold Monitor 15"
« Reply #2 on: 19 Nov 2005, 07:42 pm »
These are the drivers only, no cabs and they are in mint condition. I originally built the cabs but because of their size and the waf factor, their home became my walkin closet.

Richard

JoshK

Tannoy Gold Monitor 15"
« Reply #3 on: 19 Nov 2005, 07:47 pm »
Well check ebay, and google them as well.  Their is a website, that I am forgetting right now that does DIY speaker building and he recently did some write-ups on those drivers and he mentioned what they have been going for, might give you a guide.

Richard U

Tannoy Gold Monitor 15"
« Reply #4 on: 19 Nov 2005, 08:01 pm »
Found one on Ebay and will try Google. Thanks.

Richard

kbuzz3

check with the tannoy users group on yahoogroups
« Reply #5 on: 20 Nov 2005, 12:37 am »
anything and everything you wanted to know. Id post there get fmv info and try to sell privately through that board. Keeps it in the tannoy family so to speak and you can get your market value.