Thinkin bout ditching my Magnepan MG12's

mcgsxr

« Reply #20 on: 22 Nov 2005, 12:09 am »
OK other Canuck Mark - it's time for the bench off!

On second thought, even with the one good shoulder, you can still probably out bench me!

Good luck with that, and take care!

polishpowerlifter

bench,bench,bench.....
« Reply #21 on: 22 Nov 2005, 11:28 am »
LOL I am a little bit of a competitor so i am open to a challenge (kidding) I did win the Canadian Masters Powerlifting  Championships in 2004 :wink: ...

I use to bench over 450, I hope to do more when it heals...today even with 1 bad shoulder I can still do 265-285 x 4-5 reps paused but its still very very painful  :o but heck thats how I got there in the first place. Took me year to find a sports medicine surgeon to diagnose it properly (long story)  :|

I like to be fit and most importantly healthy, women for most part dont care how much you bench or what your latest audio tweak so really is audio and powerlifting condusive to male survival  :?:

GOSH what a complex dilemma :o

'I listen therefore I AM'

beatdownvictim

• http://DOULIK.COM
« Reply #22 on: 30 Nov 2005, 09:00 am »
OMG OMG OMG OMG
i'm selling my magnepan MG12's.  :(
oh man! i'm selling them on thursday.  I'm going to miss those speakers so much......... i'm delivering them to a dude in Victoria........... i dunno why, but it's going to hurt like hell............ man, i'm shaking right now, wtf's wrong with me.  I dont know wtf to do!!! i'm seriously nervous as hell.  After selling the magnepans, i've got my Tannoy DC1000 speakers, but i'm selling those too........... argh guys! i feel like one of those mothers........ those postpartum depressive mothers!!!!!!!  how could i let my babies go! after i sell the two sets, i won't know what to do!!!

anybody got suggestions for speakers in my bedroom?  oh man, i can't believe i'm selling my babies!

HELP!

-Richard-

« Reply #23 on: 30 Nov 2005, 05:17 pm »
Hi beatdownvictim,

You are opening yourself to new musical delights...you are letting go of speakers
that gave you an unspeakable amount of pleasure...speakers you probably
worked hard to afford...and spent a great deal of time researching and
bringing yourself to a certain pitch of excitement in order to purchase...

Reading these threads has intrigued you...your sense of what could be out
there that might be just as pleasurable as the speakers you are selling
but perhaps might suite your musical tastes more completely has peeked your
curiosity...

And so you are letting go of what you have in order to experiment with other
speaker possibilities and perhaps also other amplifier possibilities as well...

You are feeling anxiety that you are losing some money in these transactions...
also your anxiety is probably due to your not having a perfect sense yet of where
you would like to go...

Louis Chochos of Omega Speakers gives a 30 day trial period with his speakers....
that seems to me like a very nice place to start...a lovely fellow that Louie...

The magic of high efficiency speakers and beautifully rendered low watt amplifiers
must be experienced to be appreciated...this is where audio afficionados eventually
wind up after years of trying out the next hyped flavor only to realize that what they
really want is music rendered with an exquisite tonal richness, detail that serves the
music, and the release of that intelligence that resides within the musical structure
that moves us deeper into a soul experience of life...
the rapture that is music's special dimension...

So let yourself journey into this new period of experimentation with an adventurers
attitude that YOU DO NOT KNOW...BUT YOU ARE OPEN TO FIND OUT...

Nothing ventured...nothing gained...

Have fun!!!!!!! And let this community of friends help you in your decision making
wherever we can...

Warm Regards -Richard-

beatdownvictim

• http://DOULIK.COM
« Reply #24 on: 3 Dec 2005, 06:25 am »
Thank you all for the help.  I've settled on a set of aperiodic enclosed B200.  I didn't have such a hard time deciding.  A lot of the folks here reassured me and i felt that it was not a step down from the maggies, but instead a horizontal move in my quest for achieving acoustic bliss.  Thanks for your help.  I'll let you all know how it goes, it should arrive in about a month and a half.  WOOHOO!