titan with a set amp...hmm.

pacifico

« on: 15 Nov 2005, 05:32 pm »
Dear Mr. Dzurko and Distinguished Audiophile Colleagues,

I am currently in the concept phase of developing my next stereo system. At the heart of this system would be an affordable SET amp that I recently (today) discovered. As you are probrably aware, while these amps have a great mid range, they are certainly not the last word is bass response. I am thinking about setting this amp up with a pair of single driver speakers and one of your subwoofers to augment the bass. I am anxious to hear your thoughts on a system like this. Is it feasible?  The amp I am thinking of has no preout; I believe this complicates things a bit. Also, would this setup satisfy the audiophile that listens to alot of rock? -ap

John B

« Reply #1 on: 15 Nov 2005, 05:46 pm »
I just finished a PFO review that describes my experiences with the Titan sub combined with a single driver speaker from Teresonic, SET Amp and octal preamp from deHavilland.  It was an incredible combo, and took the single driver speaker up to a new level of audiophile bliss  :mrgreen:

Mike Dzurko

Re: titan with a set amp...hmm.
« Reply #2 on: 15 Nov 2005, 09:23 pm »
Quote from: pacifico
Dear Mr. Dzurko and Distinguished Audiophile Colleagues,

I am currently in the concept phase of developing my next stereo system. At the heart of this system would be an affordable SET amp that I recently (today) discovered. As you are probrably aware, while these amps have a great mid range, they are certainly not the last word is bass response. I am thinking about setting this amp up with a pair of single driver speakers and one of your subwoofers to augment the bass. I am anxious to hear your tho ...

Pacifico:

IMO, this is a terrific application for our subs. A number of customers have done it and reported a great success. As you don't have pre-amp outputs, use the supplied line-level adapters to hookup the sub.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #3 on: 15 Nov 2005, 09:24 pm »
Quote from: John B
I just finished a PFO review that describes my experiences with the Titan sub combined with a single driver speaker from Teresonic, SET Amp and octal preamp from deHavilland.  It was an incredible combo, and took the single driver speaker up to a new level of audiophile bliss  :mrgreen:

John:

Sounds like fun! When can we see the review ?  :D

John B

« Reply #4 on: 16 Nov 2005, 03:36 am »
John:

Sounds like fun! When can we see the review ?

It's in the hands of the PFO editors; hopefully soon  :)

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #5 on: 16 Nov 2005, 09:35 pm »
Quote from: John B
John:

Sounds like fun! When can we see the review ?

It's in the hands of the PFO editors; hopefully soon  :)

John, do let us know when we can see it . . . looking forward to the read!

John B

« Reply #6 on: 21 Nov 2005, 03:29 am »
John, do let us know when we can see it . . . looking forward to the read!

:)

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue22/teresonic_integrum.htm