Update on SB3s

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Update on SB3s
« Reply #20 on: 14 Nov 2005, 11:45 am »
Quote from: someidiot
Hi Vinnie,

Assuming the SB3 will always be hooked up via the digital output (into a Panny XR-45), what would you recommend as an upgrade package?

Oh, and have you an opinion on the digital-out quality?

Thanks;

Hi someidiot,

If you are using the SB3's digital output, I highly recommend the all the mods listed on my website except for mods 1 through 4.  If you order before 12/1/05, this mod package will only cost $299.00 + shipping (not including the price of the stock SB3).

The digital output quality of the SB3 is very, very good and ranks up there with the best dedicated CD transports!  :thumb:

Regards,

someidiot

Update on SB3s
« Reply #21 on: 14 Nov 2005, 06:22 pm »
Quote from: Vinnie R.
<snip> The digital output quality of the SB3 is very, very good and ranks up there with the best dedicated CD transports!  :thumb:

Thanks!

leeloo

Update on SB3s
« Reply #22 on: 17 Nov 2005, 01:40 am »
Vinnie,

I am also looking to catch Your special promo for modded SB3, but would prefer to do high quality linear PS myself. What will be the price less battery box, 5V linear regulator and battery charger, but with Analog and Digital Output mods.

Regards,
Leeloo

For the SB3 that  you are interested in (I assume it is wireless), here is the pricing:

-- $249 (discounted wireless SB3) + $15 shipping from Slim Devices to RWA
-- $199 for RWA Analog Output mods (per website) + $15 shipping from RWA to you
-- Subtract $100 (RWA discount) if you order by 11/30/05

Total = $378.00 (subtract $50 if you do not need the wireless SB3)

For those who want the full-package mods, replace the price of $199 above with the p ...

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
Update on SB3s
« Reply #23 on: 17 Nov 2005, 12:21 pm »
Quote from: leeloo
Vinnie,

I am also looking to catch Your special promo for modded SB3, but would prefer to do high quality linear PS myself. What will be the price less battery box, 5V linear regulator and battery charger, but with Analog and Digital Output mods.

Regards,
Leeloo

Hi leeloo,

Welcome to AudioCircle!

For the full-mod package w/o the battery power supply, you will need to build a power supply that outputs 5V and 12V (I use 12V to replace an internal switching regulator which feeds a regulator for the internal dac.  I prefer to do it this way for extra isolation).  

At this time, I am only offering the "full-mod" package with the battery power supply (and optional AC power option for this supply).  However, I do offer a lower cost package on my wesite that does not involve upgrading the power supply.  

NOTE: Since you are new here, I'm not sure if you are aware of the other Squeezebox modder, Bolder Cable:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=11&sid=8f28816b583d76ecc7cd5fdc54717f41

You should contact Wayne1 about ordering a modded Squeezebox w/o the power supply...he might have a package that interests you.

Regards,

leeloo

Update on SB3s
« Reply #24 on: 17 Nov 2005, 11:32 pm »
Hi Vinnie,

Thanks for Your feedback. I was aware of Bolder Cable PS, but didn't saw yet deluxe option. I will prefer to catch Your special deal. What bothers me is design of Your supply box, which is realy bad. Did You saw what will be available from Patrik in England?

See http://www.at-view.co.uk/sb2.htm

Regards,
Leeloo

Hi leeloo,

Welcome to AudioCircle!

For the full-mod package w/o the battery power supply, you will need to build a power supply that outputs 5V and 12V (I use 12V to replace an internal switching regulator which feeds a regulator for the internal dac.  I prefer to do it this way for extra isolation).  

At this time, I am only offering the "full-mod" package with the battery power supply (and optional AC power option for this supply).  However, I do offer a lower cost package on my wesite that does  ...

shelt59

Update on SB3s
« Reply #25 on: 18 Nov 2005, 01:19 am »
How about a Vinnie-modified SB in a beautiful wooden case by Louis?  That would be GREAT!

leeloo

Update on SB3s
« Reply #26 on: 18 Nov 2005, 01:36 am »
That is what I am also thinking about. I think the best audio and visual experience will be similar box as above with bonus WAF points. But only one box with Vinnie - modified SB2/3!

regards,
Leeloo

Quote from: shelt59
How about a Vinnie-modified SB in a beautiful woden case by Louis?  That would be GREAT!

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
Update on SB3s
« Reply #27 on: 18 Nov 2005, 01:43 am »
Hi Vinnie,

Thanks for Your feedback. I was aware of Bolder Cable PS, but didn't saw yet deluxe option. I will prefer to catch Your special deal. What bothers me is design of Your supply box, which is realy bad. Did You saw what will be available from Patrik in England?

See http://www.at-view.co.uk/sb2.htm

Regards,
Leeloo

Hi Leeloo,

When you say my supply box is "really bad," don't you think that this comes across as being rude to me?  :roll:    

I'll assume that this in not your intention and because English is probably not your first language, your choice of words accidentally came out the wrong way  :wink: , no problem.  

Keep in mind that if I were to come out with an all-in-one modded SB3 unit (similar to the nice looking one in the link that you provided me), I would be able to offer it in the price range that my mods are in now.  Regardless, you are more than welcome to order what is available from Patrik in England, or do it yourself to your liking.

leeloo

Update on SB3s
« Reply #28 on: 18 Nov 2005, 01:53 am »
Vinnie,

No bad intentions here! Sorrry, if You found it rude javascript:emoticon(':?')  as I respect Your work very much. I tryed to be contstructive not rude!

Regards,
Leeloo

Hi Leeloo,

When you say my supply box is "really bad," don't you think that this comes across as being rude to me?  :roll:    

I'll assume that this in not your intention and because English is probably not your first language, your choice of words accidentally came out the wrong way  :wink: , no problem.  

Keep in mind that if I were to come out with an all-in-one modded SB3 unit (similar to the nice looking one in the link that you provided me), I would be able to offer it in the price range that ...
:?  :?  :?

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
Update on SB3s
« Reply #29 on: 18 Nov 2005, 02:00 am »
Vinnie,

No bad intentions here! Sorrry, if You found it rude javascript:emoticon(':?')  as I respect Your work very much. I tryed to be contstructive not rude!

Regards,
Leeloo

:?  :?  :?

Hi leeloo,

No problem at all...thanks for the clarification.   :beer:

bubba67

Update on SB3s
« Reply #30 on: 19 Nov 2005, 01:12 am »
Does anyone know whether it is possible to preserve HDCD encoding when ripping to lossless Flac format. If yes, then to be able to play it back via SB3, would I need analog or digital connection to preamp to be able to playback HDCD encoding??? :?:

Vinnie, what forms of payment do you take for the modded SB3? How do your mods affect warranty. The reason I wonder about this issue is that for purchases on my CC I get tripple the warranty.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Update on SB3s
« Reply #31 on: 19 Nov 2005, 12:53 pm »
This Leeloo/Vinnie interaction is a wonderful example of why a little patience is so important on the net.   :)  :!:

Even without language issues it's easy to misunderstand intent.  

Congrats gentlemen for showing some maturity.   :rock:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
Update on SB3s
« Reply #32 on: 20 Nov 2005, 04:02 am »
All,

I've received multiple shipping notification emails for the SB3s that I ordered for you guys... I hope to receive a bunch next week and will be modding up a storm!  :hyper:  

I've been seriously bombarded with SB3 mods from literally all over the world.  Mods will be done in the order they were received.  

I've also been flooded with emails regarding everything from custom Clari-Ts, iMods, SB3s galore, and all sorts of other STUFF!  I am doing my best to reply in a reasonable amount of time, but I apologize if my response hasn't been as fast as usual.  I'll be working all day tomorrow and hope to catch up on everything...

Hi JLM,

Thanks, and I agree with you regarding how easy it is to misunderstand intent over the net.  Emoticons help with this, but it is still easy to misread someone online.  

Hi bubba67,

Once I mod a product, the manufacturer's warranty is void and I'm not sure if a credit card company would even warranty something that has been tampered with.

I warranty all work that I do and try my very best to do whatever it takes to keep my customers happy for as long as they own my products, but if there is a failure related to something that has nothing to do with my mods (ex. the SB3 was dropped off the shelf and the display no longer works), I do not warranty this.  I would still try to help repair it at a very reasonable price.  Regarding payment info, please see:
http://www.redwineaudio.com/Ordering_Info.html

Thanks,