computer audio help for sb2 set up from scratch, please

hum4god

hi
i am very interested in computer audio and have read a few things about the sb2 which seems to be something i would like to try in the modded version.
my problem is :i have to start from scratch and am not very computer experienced.what do i need?
a computer (what requirements?)
a hard drive
a cd rom?????
what else??
can you give recommendations for a whole setup?prices?
and is it possible to play dvd's for my tv and 2 channel setup from my computer .(not necessarily through the sb2)
how do i copy cd's in a very good quality?what do i need ?
how would i manage the music files?

i know its a lot of questions ,but if someone can give me an idea where to start or where i can get more of a basic info that would be great.

thanks a lot
malcolm

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #1 on: 28 Oct 2005, 08:57 pm »
Look up Tirade and see if you can pay him to "build" you a PC for SB2.  I know he is offering ripping and FLACing service but I he may also be able to get you started in the right direction for a music server PC.

pugs

Re: computer audio help for sb2 set up from scratch, please
« Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2005, 03:55 am »
Quote from: hum4god
hi
i am very interested in computer audio and have read a few things about the sb2 which seems to be something i would like to try in the modded version.
my problem is :i have to start from scratch and am not very computer experienced.what do i need?
a computer (what requirements?)
a hard drive
a cd rom?????
what else??
can you give recommendations for a whole setup?prices?
and is it possible to play dvd's for my tv and 2 channel setup from my computer .(not necessarily through the sb2)
how do i c ...

I was getting ready to post the same thing.  I have a computer, but it doesn't have any memory left.  I think I can probably just buy another hard drive.  I want to go the wireless, battery powered route.  Besides a computer, what else do I need?

Music Machine

Re: computer audio help for sb2 set up from scratch, please
« Reply #3 on: 31 Oct 2005, 08:26 pm »
Quote from: pugs
 Besides a computer, what else do I need?

You will need a network and a stereo. That should do it.

Regards

jermmd

« Reply #4 on: 31 Oct 2005, 09:49 pm »
I'm thinking of building a new computer for gaming. Anyone want to buy my old computer which is plenty more than you need for SB2? PM me if interested. That said, check out GotApex for cheap Dell computer deals that offer everything you need.

Joe