Reference 9 - The Absolute Sound Editor's Choice Award 2005

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #20 on: 31 Oct 2005, 01:05 am »
When I tried to download the original page, twice it caused Safari to crash. I had no trouble when I used Firefox. Firefox was recommended to me for downloading a 680 MB file, as Safari and Internet Explorer are "full of errors". Free at mozilla.org

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
« Reply #21 on: 31 Oct 2005, 06:13 pm »
KJ,

Thanks, got it!  And to add my 2 cents, the review is right on the mark - from my experience.  The day I heard our Continuums (with the new X-O)at my shop on the Ref 9's and the Modwright preamp will remain etched in my mind forever.  Get this, we were even using a cheap Dennon DCM-370 CDP as our source.  You would have never known it though, the sound was beyond anything I've ever heard  - short of my old Plasmatronics.  The upside was that we didn't have to worry about ever running out of helium! :lol:

-Bob

Karsten

« Reply #22 on: 1 Nov 2005, 12:02 am »
Quote from: SP Pres
KJ,

You would have never known it though, the sound was beyond anything I've ever heard  - short of my old Plasmatronics.  The upside was that we didn't have to worry about ever running out of helium! :lol:

-Bob

Hey Bob, you heard the "old" version. The new is just sooo much better you wont believe it :mrgreen: This also goes for the Ref 8.

Brg,
Karsten

mmakshak

Absolute Sound
« Reply #23 on: 10 Nov 2005, 05:13 pm »
I have to at least mention that the Absolute Sound has been the most entertaining to read of all the audiophile magazines ever produced.  It is also the most artistic(musical?) magazine.  It is almost on par with "Excellence".  It just used to be not so good as a guide to purchases(which may have changed in recent years).

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #24 on: 11 Nov 2005, 08:27 am »
We just sent Bob the a pair of Ref 9 (latest) last week.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #25 on: 7 Dec 2005, 09:15 am »
Full review is in the Jan 2006 issue.  :wink: