hitch hikers guide to the galaxy-trash it

dado5

« Reply #20 on: 19 Oct 2005, 11:25 pm »
I liked the film as well.  It was not a bad movie at all in my estimation.  Of course the books are great but the thing is much of the humor is in the wit of the prose and cannot be translated onto the screen.  Any screen adaptation will loose this line of humor no matter what. Accepting that, I really did enjoy the movie.

is there an example where the movie is better than the book? i think not

Silence of the Lambs.  The book was trash and the movie was very well done.  The following movies lowered themselves to the books' level unfourtunately.

I was also disapointed by A Clockwork Orange. The film was masterful and book only OK.  I qualify this one though as I saw the movie before I read the book.

Rob

Bwanagreg

« Reply #21 on: 20 Oct 2005, 12:19 am »
For those of you who do enjoy Adams writing you should try some Terry Pratchett. Pratchett takes humor to the next level.

Totally agree. In fact, Terry Gilliam was trying to adapt one of his books for the big screen, but the project collapsed. Too bad. It could have been brilliant.

The BBC animated versions of Wyrd Sisters and Soul Music are pretty entertaining, but the books are sheer genius.

Florian

« Reply #22 on: 20 Oct 2005, 12:53 am »
I saw the movie too and didnt like it that much. There were parts where i thought i had to laugh but never really did. It was pretty ladida....nothing fancy or anything. Well exept one  scene where the aliens try to chase them but have to fill out a form before doing so. Reminded me of the goverment workers here in germany.

-TT