Another interconnect question

jermmd

« on: 7 Oct 2005, 12:14 am »
I need to have a long run from my preamp to my amp-maybe 7 meters. I figure balanced (XLR) is the way to go. Any recommendations without breaking the bank? I don't want to spend a thousand dollars on interconnects.

Hogg

« Reply #1 on: 7 Oct 2005, 12:26 am »
Joe,
      I use microphone cables between my preamp and active ATC speakers.  I could discern little difference beween a good microphone cable and alpha goertz cables.  You might be able to borrow two cables to try them in your application.  My favorites are Mogami Gold's aout $50 each online.  

Jim

ScottMayo

« Reply #2 on: 7 Oct 2005, 12:52 am »
I second Mogami. If you want a particular length and color, I also recommend Blue Jeans Cable. Very fast service, no nonsense claims and nice construction.

jermmd

« Reply #3 on: 7 Oct 2005, 01:23 am »
Mogami microphone cables for $50 each sounds just perfect. Thanks.

panomaniac

« Reply #4 on: 7 Oct 2005, 01:37 am »
Mogami are great. So are Canare, they are more rugged. But you probably don't need that. Price should be the same.

I doubt you'll need to go balanced for 7 meters at line level. That's short run in pro audio. :)

warnerwh

« Reply #5 on: 7 Oct 2005, 01:44 am »
Canare off of Ebay are fine. There's a couple of regular sellers and the one in Texas is significantly more expensive.  You should be looking at less than 50 bucks.