CornellAlum

Regarding cheap hi-fi sellers from china
« Reply #20 on: 28 Sep 2005, 09:18 pm »
If Want...

Greg Erskine

« Reply #21 on: 28 Sep 2005, 09:33 pm »
Quote from: DeanSheen
BS.  Tut tut yourself.  It's badly written and difficult to read.

So right back at you Fosters boy.

Hi Dean,

We need someone like you over on aus.hi-fi newsgroup to help fix all the naughty aussie's spelling and grammer.  :mrgreen:

regards
Greg

DeanSheen

« Reply #22 on: 28 Sep 2005, 10:23 pm »
Quote from: Greg Erskine
BS.  Tut tut yourself.  It's badly written and difficult to read.

Hi Dean,

We need someone like you over on aus.hi-fi newsgroup to help fix all the naughty aussie's spelling and grammer.  :mrgreen:

regards
Greg

Sorry.  I dont know why, that was just bugging me.

So which Chinese cdp do you guys prefer?  I was looking at the Eastsound E5 and the Original 2008.  I know you guys have to innovate over there due to the cost of goods.

EchiDna

« Reply #23 on: 29 Sep 2005, 02:03 am »

:nono: The only people who drink Fosters are not fair dinkum aussies!

It is just not popular in Australia - but it is cheap and popular with people on a budget elsewhere!

and as for the original question - can anyone honestly say that anything coming out of any country is "all good"?
Here in Singapore people buy the Chinese amps for the chassis and the transformers, then gut the rest and rebuild according to their chosen design - this is the simplest and cheapest way to get a decent chassis here!  :|

There are some good cd players from China - ones with good quality control, good warranty offerings and well reviewed. Try Shanling for a start! http://www.shanling.com/index_e.html Their amps are not wonderful, but the CD players are something else.

There is a simple adage in life - if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. Don't expect a giant killer amp for the pocket change you pay for it!