tweeter break-in

cporada

tweeter break-in
« on: 23 Sep 2005, 07:34 pm »
Hi everyone,
Last week I received the two Vifa H26TG35 tweeters I had ordered and finally got around to installing them in my alpha limited project as replacements for the existing H25TG35 tweeters.  I am writing to see if anyone could tell me how long I need to allow for break-in (just of the tweeters, since th other drivers have been running for a few years now) and if anyone has any suggestions for the most expedient manner of breaking in the tweeters.
Thanks
Chris Porada

Harry P

tweeter break-in
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2005, 06:41 pm »
okay I'll take a stab. I'd guess you'd need the same amount of break-in time as with a new pair of speakers. Somewhere around 100 hours. The louder you play them the quicker they break in. Since you're talking about tweeters I guess you want music with a lot of highs.

ScottMayo

tweeter break-in
« Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2005, 08:04 pm »
Use a mix of volumes (start quietly), and use music with cymbals. Your manufacturer may have broken them in already, as part of quality control. (If not, ask why not.) In which case your breakin time is pretty much zero. Otherwise, playing music overnight will loosen up anything that needs to be loosened up.

A simple approach is to find an FM station that plays jazz at night.