Is anyone using Element Cables with their Omega speakers?

bsuhy

I have ordered 2 pair of Element Cable's Twisted Pair II interconnects and a pair of their Twisted Pair speaker cable.

I haven't done anything with cables as I have been building my current system, and I am using some 14 gauge Megacable from RadioShack, and I am expecting very positive changes in sound with the new stuff.

I didn't want to spend a ton of cash, and I think these cables were the best choice for me right now. They also offer a 30 day, money back gaurantee.

Is anyone else using Element Cables, either for interconnects or speaker cable?

Thanks,

Brian

arthurs

« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2005, 01:26 am »
I have heard and owned both and know Anthony at Element pretty well.  Good qualitystuff, you should be happy, value well beyond the price point.

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2005, 01:32 am »
hello art, do you know how the element cables compare to signal cables. their descriptions ( power cords) sound almost identical.

marvin

arthurs

« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2005, 02:04 am »
Hey Marvin, I would say sonically it's about a wash with a slight edge to the Elements.  I have owned several pairs of both.  I like that Anthony is local, a bit better priced, and is an all around good guy to deal with.  None of that is to imply Frank or Signal is not, just think that much of Anthony.  

I have an extra pair of the Twisted Pair II and his biggest fattest PC, (can't remember the name) here if you want to borrow them for a listen.  Wish we'd thought of this Saturday.  Anyhow, I work out near the Speedway, we could meet up if you want to give them a listen, let me know.

P.S.  If you have pics from Saturday, post them up!

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #4 on: 30 Aug 2005, 10:17 am »
I have Element interconnects and speaker cables.  Speakers are based on Fostex F200A based single driver design.

I'm not a wire guy and I am frugal, that's what attracted me to Signal and Element (amoung others).  I've heard obvious differences between $1000 speaker cables, but honestly I heard little difference between these and Kimber Kable PBJ on the interconnect side or CAT5 on the speaker cable side (except for added bass which is to be expected with the CAT5's small gauge).  My $20 cryo'd single strand, single pair, plenum rated CAT5 offered more resolution (but again lacked bass).  I used the Element interconnects and speaker cables extensively at an audiofest in April with no qualms or compliants.

Only compliant is that the rubber collar on the speaker cable terminals don't stay in place when you pull them off the speaker.  Otherwise everything seems heavy and well made.