GR Research will be anouncing the BIGGEST developement EVER!

Danny Richie

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Okay, I am having a little bit of fun with the subject line, but seriously though.

GR Research is incorporating a recently patented technology into its product lines.

This new technology is a big leap in technology over existing technology and will soon be used in other companies throughout the industry.

Those using the new technology will have to license the rights to use it and pay a royalty to the holder of the patent.

This new technology will be incorporated into all of our product lines and will improve the performance of our kits that we offer and other products that we offer to the DIY community.

This new technology can also be offered as an upgrade on all of our existing products.

This will all be made available later this year and made available in other products in the first part of next year.

Right now I'll only answer general questions as I wouldn't want to divulge too much of this at once. It might be hard to handle.  :D

Okay, that's about all I can come up with. Sorry, I am just not as good as others are when it comes to hyping something up.  :wink:

Maybe a few of thses will help.  :dance:  :dance:

Mudjock

• Sehlin Sound Solutions
« Reply #1 on: 24 Aug 2005, 09:31 pm »
Let me guess.... Genuine Saskatchewan Salmon Skin - for real safety.
 :lol:

suits_me

« Reply #2 on: 24 Aug 2005, 09:33 pm »
Special brownies? Ceremonial shrooms?

klh

« Reply #3 on: 24 Aug 2005, 09:33 pm »
What would be really cool is if someone had a smiley faced dude who could rub cicrcles on his belly and pat his head at the same time. That surely would have sent your post to the head of the pack!

Danny Richie

Funny stuff
« Reply #4 on: 24 Aug 2005, 09:54 pm »
All fun poking aside though, the content is serious and all true.  :mrgreen:

ScottMayo

Re: GR Research will be anouncing the BIGGEST developement E
« Reply #5 on: 24 Aug 2005, 10:06 pm »
Quote from: Danny
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Okay, I am having a little bit of fun with the subject line, but seriously though.

Have you ever met John Casler? You better hope you don't, now...   :o

chriss

« Reply #6 on: 24 Aug 2005, 10:29 pm »
You se this why I have a hard time pulling the trigger on a kit purchase.Everytime I get close you improve things.

Any way I was close to oredering an AV3 kit since I saw the new tweeters. Seems that even a little upgrade on such a well received kit would be a good thing.

OK will this effect the AV3 kit? Will this result in another great budget kit?
I know I was talking about the new array but its just too tall for my room.
Anyway I don't want to later upgrade a kit so tell us what you can and keep us posted as to when its available and keep up the great work!!!
chris

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 24 Aug 2005, 10:48 pm »
Have you ever met John Casler? You better hope you don't, now...

I hear he is a big weight lifter with no sense of humor. Ah oh.  :cry:

OK will this effect the AV3 kit?

Eventually.

Will this result in another great budget kit?

No, but it will bring an improvement level to all of our kits.

I know I was talking about the new array but its just too tall for my room.

Chris, you living in another house with six foot ceilings?

ekovalsky

« Reply #8 on: 24 Aug 2005, 11:51 pm »
Quote from: ScottMayo
Have you ever met John Casler? You better hope you don't, now...   :o

John set himself up for this abuse.  You can't expect to post something like that and not get razzed for it  :P

Plus he's too nice a guy to inflict bodily damage on any of us.  I hope.  Maybe I should enter the VMPS suite at CES 2006 incognito  :idea:

It will be interesting to see what Danny & Big B have up their sleeves.  On the VMPS side my guess is a new source of planar drivers, or maybe the long awaited DEQX models.  If the former, there will no doubt be some "interesting" faceplate adapters  :lol:  

As for Danny, well we already know about some new drivers utilizing XBL^2 motors and next generation B&G ribbons, and Blackhole 5 is old news at GR.  New lines sources have been previewed.  Maybe we'll see some innovative new cabinet designs, including some non-monopoles  :idea:

John Casler

« Reply #9 on: 24 Aug 2005, 11:53 pm »
Have you ever met John Casler? You better hope you don't, now...

I hear he is a big weight lifter with no sense of humor. Ah oh.  :cry:

I wonder who could have told you that??

John Casler

« Reply #10 on: 24 Aug 2005, 11:58 pm »
Quote from: ekovalsky
 Plus he's too nice a guy to inflict bodily damage on any of us.  I hope.  Maybe I should enter the VMPS suite at CES 2006 incognito  :idea:

Not sure where I got this "nice guy" image either.  

Eric, if you grow a beard, I'll never recognize you.

Danny Richie

Funny stuff
« Reply #11 on: 25 Aug 2005, 12:00 am »
I wonder who could have told you that??

Okay, I may have made up the part about having no sense of humor.  :D

You sure found this thread fast. Wow, hardly over two hours. I am glad to know you still visit me.  :D

Danny Richie

Figured it out huh.
« Reply #12 on: 25 Aug 2005, 12:14 am »
As for Danny, well we already know about some new drivers utilizing XBL^2 motors

Okay Eric, you busted me.

Yes the first set of GR drivers utilizing the patented XBL^ motor structure is the new 6.5" woofers that will be used in the LS-6 and LS-9 line sources. I hope they get those finished up soon.

Dan Wiggins has already been sent a M-130 woofer to dissect so that the XBL^ motor structure can be added to all of those as well.

First will be the standard 8 ohm M-130 woofers.

Then after that I'll have it added to the next run of the 16 ohm M-130's.

If all that goes well then I'll have a new 6.5" woofer (kind of like the new one in the new line sources) built with similar specs and characteristics of the M-130 and with XBL^ motor structures on it as well.

See XBL^ info: http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/XBL2DetailsPaper.pdf

And the overview here: http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/XBL2TechPaper.pdf

Maybe we'll see some innovative new cabinet designs, including some non-monopoles

Already on it and should have something really cool along those lines for the RMAF.

John Casler

Re: Funny stuff
« Reply #13 on: 25 Aug 2005, 12:21 am »

You sure found this thread fast. Wow, hardly over two hours. I am glad to know you still visit me.  :D

Actually I thought I was visiting "my" thread, and ended up here :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Danny Richie

Just too funny.
« Reply #14 on: 25 Aug 2005, 12:26 am »
Too shay! That is funny.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

ScottMayo

« Reply #15 on: 25 Aug 2005, 03:10 am »
John set himself up for this abuse.  You can't expect to post something like that and not get razzed for it  :P

Getting razzed is part of salesmanship.  "Doesn't matter what you write about me, as long as my name's in the papers." :-)

It will be interesting to see what Danny & Big B have up their sleeves.  On the VMPS side my guess is a new source of planar drivers

Kinda doubt that would be a patentable improvement. Of course, the way JC described it, every single speaker manufacturer is going to come grovelling to Brian's door in two years, pleading to be allowed to have his shadow pass over them. (Knowing of some of the personalities in speaker manufacture, I... doubt that will happen.)

Given all the build-up, I really do wonder what's in the works, though...

chriss

« Reply #16 on: 25 Aug 2005, 04:53 pm »
Chris, you living in another house with six foot ceilings?

No, I'm living in a mobile home with 7'6" ceiling. I know you have a few of those in Texas. I suspect there might even be a couple in OK :-)

Danny Richie

shorty
« Reply #17 on: 25 Aug 2005, 05:12 pm »
No, I'm living in a mobile home with 7'6" ceiling. I know you have a few of those in Texas. I suspect there might even be a couple in OK

Oh Chris, they'll be fine in there.

Doublej

« Reply #18 on: 25 Aug 2005, 05:18 pm »
Rest assured that if Brian's idea is so great that folks will be grovelling at his feet, there will be armies of people figuring out how to make something equivalent without having to pay royalties...

...assuming there is enough money to be made.

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #19 on: 25 Aug 2005, 05:46 pm »
My first thought was drivers from Adire, with the XBL^2 technology licensed, BUT, Danny has mentioned XBL^2 coming on this forum before, so I eliminated that idea because his post made it sound like something completely new, and unmentioned heretofore.  Anyway, I look forward to the 6.5" and hope it's not near as expensive as the Adire driver of similar size  :cry: