HT1 finally

Shawn A

HT1 finally
« on: 20 Aug 2005, 12:21 am »
Well at long last, I got to listen to the HT1's today. I left work early last night to get started on oiling the veneer. I got to reading the back of the tin of Danish oil and now I have to wait 3 days to apply my wipe-on poly. Grrrr. Well I ain't gonna wait that long to hear what I've been slaving on for the past 2+ weeks.

I assembled everything this morning and let it happen. Very nice is what I can say so far. I can't wait until the breaking-in is done and I can get down to some heavy-duty critical listening. It may be until after the Orlando DIY event before I will get a formal write-up done but it will be no later than mid-September. Plus I will be taking these with me to the event so there will be a lot of ears to take a listen.

So far I can confirm that a sub is needed but what I'm hearing without one is pretty nice. Vocals are butter smooth and the highs are very clean. No straining at all. I did hook up a small sub today and the magic was really happening after very little tweaking. Integration between the sub and HT1's was magical. That is no exaggeration either. I am going to try the HT1's with several different subs just for kicks and giggles but I can't wait to pair them with my IB subs. Effortless highs and effortless lows should get along well I think.

Once i re-re-re-find the cable for my camera, I will post pics.

Thanks Al for a great project. I'm recommending them to anyone. I might even volunteer my assembly skills for any of my friends and family that might be interested.

shawn

Shawn A

Here's some pics!
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2005, 10:02 pm »
Finally got smart enough to get a multi-card reader for my digital camera's memory card.

shawn

RAW

HT1 finally
« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2005, 10:34 pm »
Shawn those look darn fine with that colour of stain and the copper plugs.
Well done.
 :mrgreen:
Very nice work.

theNoid

• http://www.PalmBayAudio.com
HT1 finally
« Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 2005, 02:22 pm »
Al, they sounded as good as they looked. I got the chance to give them a listen at the Dayton DIY earlier this month....very nice job Shawn!!

Noidster